Forum in google play

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
hamidouki

Forum in google play

Post by hamidouki »

Hello
how to add my forum under forum of site for mobile on google play store.

most of the answers say that I have to create an application when phpbb is already an application that will generate a forum.
Thanks
Salutations à la communauté phpBB

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Forum in google play

Post by david63 »

From the little that I know about these things I suspect that you will need an Andoiod and iPad app creating which is nothing like an extension.

You would probably do better asking how to create an app in a forum dedicated to such things (let Google be your friend)
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

EA117

Re: Forum in google play

Post by EA117 »

Agreed. You're getting the advice to "create an application" because that's what the Google Play store is listing and giving users access to: Applications they can download to their Android phone.

You're correct that phpBB "is already an application"; but it's a PHP application that runs under Linux, Windows or other web server operating systems. It's not an Android application that downloads to your phone; nor is it intended to be.

When you have a phpBB forum -- such as phpbb.com/community -- you do not need Android users to "install a new application your Android device doesn't currently have" in order to access that forum. You just need those users to open this web site URL in whatever web browser the user prefers & already has installed on their device. I suspect if you asked Google, they would say helping users find your web site address "is what google.com is used for, not the Google Play store."

That doesn't mean you can't create an application, and then do the work to get this application listed & maintain that listing in the Google Play store. But your application "isn't going to do anything" other than open your site in whatever web browser is already installed on the device. I don't know if Google Play even allows such applications, but that's the kind of thing you're talking about.

If that sounds like something which would be helpful to you and worth the time to pursue, then you want to discuss the simplest way to achieve this in a Google Android application development group like David recommended. i.e. "I want to create an application that just opens my web site, so that users searching Google Play for keywords related to my site will find this application."

Return to “Extension Requests”