Amazon auto affil links generator plugin?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
urzh
Name: Robert

Amazon auto affil links generator plugin?

Post by urzh »

I see a few WordPress forum sites with an auto affiliate links generator for keywords when a post is created. This is powerful, but I haven't found it if it violates Amazon TOS. In either case, does PHPBB have a similar extension like this? I searched and found viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2321636 but I don't know if this is the same.

The behavior: Whenever a post is created, somehow the plugin knows which keywords and phrases to highlight and link to an Amazon affiliate store. The URL leaving the website is the same domain before landing at the affiliate store. I think this was the plugin the site I found was using https://wordpress.org/plugins/amazon-auto-links/

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Amazon auto affil links generator plugin?

Post by HiFiKabin »

What my extension does is remove any existing Amazon Affiliate ID tag (if there is one) and adds your own. So as long as you have your Amazon Affiliate ID it will link the product to your account.

What it DOES NOT do is search the topic for matching words to link a product to.

urzh
Name: Robert

Re: Amazon auto affil links generator plugin?

Post by urzh »

Got it, thanks for clarifying this
HiFiKabin wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:00 pm
What my extension does is remove any existing Amazon Affiliate ID tag (if there is one) and adds your own. So as long as you have your Amazon Affiliate ID it will link the product to your account.

What it DOES NOT do is search the topic for matching words to link a product to.

Return to “Extension Requests”