Bump a topic

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
TheButcher2

Re: Bump a topic

Post by TheButcher2 »

weird I have never seen that bump topic icon, I have administrators set to yes for bump a topic in group forum permissions. hmmmm
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Is not an icon but a link there in the bottom of the pages.
3Di wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:06 pm Which BTW I am not sure or I do not recall it it only works for the original poster_ID or also for mods/admins though, never used TBH.

Use the search facility about "how to bump a topic". ;)
๐Ÿ†“ Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
๐Ÿš€ Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity ยบ PhpStorm's proud user ยบ Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

3Di wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:06 am Is not an icon but a link there in the bottom of the pages.
3Di wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:06 pm Which BTW I am not sure or I do not recall it it only works for the original poster_ID or also for mods/admins though, never used TBH.

I can not see it
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

okay I changed a setting for my username and it only allows me to bump a topic I started, not any other topic. That is not what i want. But thansk for all your input and help.

Peace
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

TheButcher2 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:29 am I can not see it
Then this is an issue you must solve with the help of the support forums.

Luck.
My development's activity ยบ PhpStorm's proud user ยบ Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

TheButcher2 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:51 am okay I changed a setting for my username and it only allows me to bump a topic I started, not any other topic. That is not what i want. But thansk for all your input and help.

Peace
3Di wrote: Which BTW I am not sure or I do not recall it it only works for the original poster_ID or also for mods/admins though, never used TBH.
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

3Di wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:53 am
TheButcher2 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:51 am okay I changed a setting for my username and it only allows me to bump a topic I started, not any other topic. That is not what i want. But thansk for all your input and help.

Peace
3Di wrote: Which BTW I am not sure or I do not recall it it only works for the original poster_ID or also for mods/admins though, never used TBH.

Poster_ID only it would be good for mods/admins to have this feature available to them too so they can bump topics.

So my request still stands in this topic if anyone wants to make an extension :)
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

People who can bump a topic are the original poster and the last poster. :)

You can ask for custom coding or read the search, I remember there is a custom coding in there.
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

3Di wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:48 am People who can bump a topic are the original poster and the last poster. :)

I invite you to search and read prior to ask so to avoid confusion and wasting of time for both of us, thanks.

Actually I was being polite not saying the same thing about you, look at the first post I made in this topic, guess what you are the one who jumped in with your suggestions and replies which did not address my original post requesting an extension to bump posts. I am not going to waste any more of my time nor reply to you unless it is directly related to my first post.

Go read it again before trying to be rude and a smart guy. I might be a very polite and patient person by nature but when I get people acting rude I can dish it back just as well.

End
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

I edited my post before your quote,
I understand that my previous response was not appropriate.

But from that to accusing people of being rude, believe me, there is a lot of water under the bridge.

However, I will learn my lesson and put you on my list of people who will never receive help from me from now on. ;)

Luck!
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

3Di wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:14 am I edited my post before your quote,
I understand that my previous response was not appropriate.

But from that to accusing people of being rude, believe me, there is a lot of water under the bridge.

However, I will learn my lesson and put you on my list of people who will never receive help from me from now on. ;)

Luck!

How am I to know you edited your post, I replied to your post which when I read it was:

"3Di wrote: โ†‘
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:48 pm
People who can bump a topic are the original poster and the last poster. :)

I invite you to search and read prior to ask so to avoid confusion and wasting of time for both of us, thanks. "

Seeing you realized that was not appropriate and edited it, then no hard feelings. But think how you would have replied had I or anyone else told you that. As I said it's over and forgotten by me, no hard feelings mate.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

TheButcher2 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:23 am But think how you would have replied had I or anyone else told you that.
The real problem here you did not search the responses I linked you to, where you can find the solution to your problem, is not me being rude but that you do not read the suggestions, or do you want me to post the exact link of the solution? I hope you understand that your way of interacting seems rather strange in a forum, you were linked to a search (and you should thank me) but you didn't follow it, then you complain. Come on, get over it.
3Di wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:06 am Is not an icon but a link there in the bottom of the pages.

Believe me, I know you and your past here.
I am more than polite but severe, I would expect a long-time member and administrator to know how to use phpBB.
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

3Di what would you charge for an extension that will allow admins/mods to bump up and down topics started by anyone not just themselves. And that the topics bumped either way do not act like "sticky" topics but actually go down every time another topic is replied to.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

TheButcher2 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 pm 3Di what would you charge for an extension that will allow admins/mods to bump up and down topics started by anyone not just themselves. And that the topics bumped either way do not act like "sticky" topics but actually go down every time another topic is replied to.
I don't think this is the right place to ask for a quote because this goes against the site rules and I don't negotiate in public out of ethical principle. You can send me a PM or contact me at our site by following the links in my signature.

Return to โ€œExtension Requestsโ€