Users moderate own topics [3.2.*]

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
Utisz

Users moderate own topics [3.2.*]

Post by Utisz »

I found quite a few threads about this for older versions of phpBB down through the years, but nothing for 3.2.x.

I would like Registered Users who start a topic to be able to moderate that topic; i.e., to delete posts, edit posts, etc., within that topic. They should only be able to moderate topics that they have started.

I am running phpBB v.3.2.8.

The closest I have found is the Moderate Own Topics extension for phpBB 3.1, but there is an Issue with a few comments indicating that it does not work for 3.2.*.

I was hoping for guidance as to the best way to enable this functionality for 3.2.*. Perhaps there is an extension in the works along this lines, or perhaps someone can suggest some simple changes to DakinQuelia's 3.1.* extension so that it works for 3.2.* (the main logic of the extension appears to be here).

Any pointers or references would be greatly appreciated!
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Re: Users moderate own topics [3.2.*]

Post by Kailey »

Any reason you are looking for 3.2? I only ask because I have one that I made privately for 3.3 and if I get permission from the original client, I could provide it to the community.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
My little corner of the world, where I sometimes post things documented from my job.
Utisz

Post by Utisz »

KaileyT wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:07 pm Any reason you are looking for 3.2? I only ask because I have one that I made privately for 3.3 and if I get permission from the original client, I could provide it to the community.
Mainly asking for 3.2 as it's the current version of the board, and having invested a bit of time in getting various extensions and styles up and running, and also customising aspects here and there, I'm a bit worried that upgrading now might introduce incompatibilities. Still though, based on what I've seen through various searches, it seems to be a pretty commonly-requested feature, so I am sure that the community would appreciate the feature if you could release it (and maybe it will convince me to upgrade to 3.3!).
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

My client requested I not release the code (understandable, they paid for it :P ).

So I've taken a look at the extension you linked. I'd be surprised if this actually worked at all on 3.1. They create a f_moderate_own_topics permission but then check for f_author. The language file is incorrect, though theoretically may still work. Multiple classes in the service definition but not used in the listener (not technically a problem, just sloppy).

Should be simple enough for someone to update, but I currently don't have the time to tackle it. I'll circle back around once time is more manageable and see if anyone has picked it up.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
My little corner of the world, where I sometimes post things documented from my job.
Utisz

Post by Utisz »

KaileyT wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:45 pm My client requested I not release the code (understandable, they paid for it :P ).

So I've taken a look at the extension you linked. I'd be surprised if this actually worked at all on 3.1. They create a f_moderate_own_topics permission but then check for f_author. The language file is incorrect, though theoretically may still work. Multiple classes in the service definition but not used in the listener (not technically a problem, just sloppy).

Should be simple enough for someone to update, but I currently don't have the time to tackle it. I'll circle back around once time is more manageable and see if anyone has picked it up.
Understood, thanks a lot for those pointers! I might try to address this myself as a project to understand in more depth the forum software. I'll report back if I make any progress.
teebling

Post by teebling »

KaileyT wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:07 pm Any reason you are looking for 3.2? I only ask because I have one that I made privately for 3.3 and if I get permission from the original client, I could provide it to the community.
Hey KaileyT,

Were I to provide the original client with a fee of say €20, would they be willing to license me to use this private ext?

I've been looking everywhere for phpbb 3.3 for either core edits, extensions, or anything that will just let the user delete their own topics and that's all. The most recent attempt is https://github.com/toxyy/userdeletetopics but it doesn't work (see issue I posted here).

Return to “Extension Requests”