Calendar

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
Mess
Name: Kim

Calendar

Post by Mess »

I'm surprised no one has requested this yet. I would have thought it would be much more popular. :)

Anyway, I would like to request a Calendar for phpBB 3.1.
Inspiration could be found in alightner's phpBB Calendar 0.1.1

Key features would (imo) be:
  • Day, Week, month and event list view's
  • Permission system (Create/view/signup)
  • Event type templates
  • Subscriptions, both calendar wide, and event type specific.
  • Option to show new events as posts, on a per event basic.
  • ical support
  • Auto Import of external calendars (RSS)

Octopus

Re: Calendar

Post by Octopus »

+1 This would be awesome :)

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

Mess wrote:I'm surprised no one has requested this yet. I would have thought it would be much more popular. :)
The portal extensions come with calendars. Maybe that's why.

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess »

Louis7777 wrote:
Mess wrote:I'm surprised no one has requested this yet. I would have thought it would be much more popular. :)
The portal extensions come with calendars. Maybe that's why.
Haha, amazing you would even consider comparing an event calendar with the portal calendars.

Holger

Post by Holger »

mycalendar3 could also serve as inspiration!
http://phpbbacademy.com/community/viewt ... 127&t=9070
I am using this for years now, it is really good.

NextClick

Post by NextClick »

+1 up
:)

Bobbele1984

Post by Bobbele1984 »

Absolutely +1 :)

combuster

Post by combuster »

+1!

Would be great if Events can be discussed as well!

I would love if I could view an "Event" like the "Idea-View" of phpbb-ideas (e.g. https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/idea.php?id=289&start=15 )

So in the top are the event details (when, where, how many participants, short description) and they stay on top while it's discussion is done in the posts.

noth

Post by noth »

well Louis is right, Board3 portal does come with a calendar and it looks very nice, works fine too!

in a whole lot of cases that calendar will be good enough for most forums

In fact I remember downloading the Calendar mod in phpBB2, the manual changes were huge and took me most of a day to get that sucker enstalled, when I had it going I was left wondering why I bothered when nobody was interested!! :oops:

at least with 3.1 we have the advantage of "plug and play" if you don't like it 1 month later - haha - unplug! beautiful :lol:

I can see this being handy on a forum of a club like a car club where members go to rallies/ meetings with important dates that shouldn't be missed, otherwise Board3 portal calendar is fine

Holger

Post by Holger »

combuster wrote:+1!

Would be great if Events can be discussed as well!

I would love if I could view an "Event" like the "Idea-View" of phpbb-ideas (e.g. https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/idea.php?id=289&start=15 )

So in the top are the event details (when, where, how many participants, short description) and they stay on top while it's discussion is done in the posts.
mycalendar3 has that functionality. You start a topic, add a date and it shows up in the calendar. The topic can then be discussed as usual.

TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

+1

PSPfreaky

Post by PSPfreaky »

+1

I am searching for an extension like your request for my forum.

JörgCH

Post by JörgCH »

+1

maul0r

Post by maul0r »

Hi!
There are a lot of calendars out there, however, very few provide the functionality some of us need.

For me the core feature is the sign-up process. I want to be able to create an event (reoccouring as well) and people can join that event at a click of button (if possible).

I was trying to look at mycalendar3 however, for the the provided link does not work. Does anyone have another link? Does mycalander3 support that? Or the portal calendars?

Holger

Post by Holger »

maul0r wrote:Hi!
There are a lot of calendars out there, however, very few provide the functionality some of us need.

For me the core feature is the sign-up process. I want to be able to create an event (reoccouring as well) and people can join that event at a click of button (if possible).

I was trying to look at mycalendar3 however, for the the provided link does not work. Does anyone have another link? Does mycalander3 support that? Or the portal calendars?
mycalendar in combination with the HookUp mod does, that is how I have set up in 3.0.12 (additional custom modification).

Return to “Extension Requests”