phpBB Arcade

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
Armella

Re: phpBB Arcade

Post by Armella »

They won't let me download either.

Not worried about it anymore..I'll figure out another way to keep my members entertained.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

killbill and scianlady have been added to my ignore list and I will not be making PR's against core for any of their requests.

Their style is crap, their board is crap, their extension is crap and I refuse to make a donation to a bank located in budapest.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

RMcGirr83 wrote:killbill and scianlady have been added to my ignore list and I will not be making PR's against core for any of their requests.

Their style is crap, their board is crap, their extension is crap and I refuse to make a donation to a bank located in budapest.
I just registered on the board to download the arcade but did so before I read all posted here.
I find it funny that after receiving an activation link and clicking on it
I still do not have access to the board.
I trust RMcGirr83 and will just disregard going back to that site.
YOUAREtehSCENE

Post by YOUAREtehSCENE »

I'm lucky enough to have 'Lumpy Burgertushie' help me out A SHIT TON at my forum.. and there's been plenty of extensions and mods that I wanted to be installed. and there's been some from killbill, and Luckily enough he made a testing board to see if some worked, half of them didn't work. I wouldn't and I don't trust anything that killbill does whats so ever... My two cents take care all..
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

RMcGirr83 wrote:killbill and scianlady have been added to my ignore list and I will not be making PR's against core for any of their requests.

I hope you will tell me once a day what I have done to be ignored and to not answer my requests for phpbb core...

JV-Arcade:
1) Not my board, not my extension (and not my bank account). I am a translator for German language and team member on the support board.
2) That there is no need for donations you know and you have seen by yourself - we talked about in another hate thread.
3) Why there are people who are not able to work with Arcade - they know it better than you or I. They all know the rules to use Arcade KillBill as the author made: registering, write their domains to their profiles (up to five). Why? Because there is an automated script that check incoming Arcade version checks against member profiles. Is there no entry - automatic banned. That automated banned people have to pay a fee for unblocking manually from server is a rule the author of this software has written on the board, too. Since 2015. Announcements. People who don't want to read all this boring shit run into problems.

To run from board to board, to cry and to incite so much people as possible ... ok. That such people are to find, sadly in my eyes.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

I hope you will tell me once a day what I have done to be ignored and to not answer my requests for phpbb core...

JV-Arcade:
1) Not my board, not my extension (and not my bank account). I am a translator for German language and team member on the support board.
2) That there is no need for donations you know and you have seen by yourself - we talked about in another hate thread.
3) Why there are people who are not able to work with Arcade - they know it better than you or I. They all know the rules to use Arcade KillBill as the author made: registering, write their domains to their profiles (up to five). Why? Because there is an automated script that checks incoming Arcade version, checks against member profiles. Is there no entry - automatic banned. That automated banned people have to pay a fee for unblocking manually from server is a rule the author of this software has written on the board, too. Since 2015. Announcements. People who don't want to read all this boring shit run into problems.

To run from board to board, to cry and to incite so much people as possible ... ok. That such people are to find, sadly in my eyes.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Scanialady wrote:To run from board to board, to cry and to incite so much people as possible ... ok. That such people are to find, sadly in my eyes.
I want to advice everybody in this topic to keep the rules for respectful posting into mind.

The extension's author is free to supply his extension upon his own terms as long as he complies with all the terms of the GPL license. Likewise people around here are allowed to have an opinion on these extensions and can choose not to use it if they don't like it.

This topic is not meant to share these opinions though, it is the request for an arcade extension which seems to have been fulfilled. Any other posts in this topic are to be about the extension or any other potential Arcade extensions from now on. No flaming towards each other will be allowed.

Any further replies that are off-topic will be removed. If you have a problem with another user, contact a member of the Moderator Team, I'm always available for a PM if there's something to discuss.

Thank you.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
mr.ruf
Name: Harold

Post by mr.ruf »

Well, I am interested in having this extension in my forum, but, to be honest and had many setbacks to make it work, I understand that the subject of domain registration and auto blocking may be some exaggerated, which would cause many not to To have the extension. In my opinion before was better please bear it in mind, I say it in all humble and respectful. Out of that tube other problems such as difficulty understanding how to achieve the steps to make it work and that were missing folders in the arcade root like install, games, bakup and although the manual realization was not resolved.
Well I hope they can solve these issues as it is an extension that some appreciate, thank you.
mr.ruf
Name: Harold

Post by mr.ruf »

mr.ruf wrote:Well, I am interested in having this extension in my forum, but, to be honest and had many setbacks to make it work, I understand that the subject of domain registration and auto blocking may be some exaggerated, which would cause many not to To have the extension. In my opinion before was better please bear it in mind, I say it in all humble and respectful. Out of that tube other problems such as difficulty understanding how to achieve the steps to make it work and that were missing folders in the arcade root like install, games, bakup and although the manual realization was not resolved.
Well I hope they can solve these issues as it is an extension that some appreciate, thank you.

Ok I already discovered my problem, try to install this extension using the upload extension, it does not work, you have to install it manually with ftp and soon I will be installing game and seeing how the extension behaves.
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

after trying again I was able to download and install the arcade
I got it working and registered with your web site and activated
but where do I get the games?
There is no games with the down load
Warbear.Prime

Post by Warbear.Prime »

The only place I have found is in THEIR games archive, but you need EUROs to get them, and no clear way to ACTUALLY earn them. Makes it hard to play games and even want to USE the mod if you don't get any games.

Even if you gave a SAMPLE pack of games to play with it would be something.

But they DO have a link to HERE that basically just sucks more. You have to understand the language, because translations to english don't help the posts, and I THINK you have to register with them, to be able to one at a time, find a game and download them...sheesh - starting to question doing it TBH.
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

I gave up on this extension since you cannot get games to play with it.
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

wkuzma wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:32 pm I gave up on this extension since you cannot get games to play with it.
33.000 games on my forum :)
https://www.froddelpower.be/arcade.php
KillBill.

Post by KillBill. »

Meis2M wrote: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:25 pm Hello

a professional modular flash arcade game system
thx ;)

Soon html5 games will also support.
Traction

Post by Traction »

KillBill. wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:41 am Example: http://igames.origon.dk/forum/
Man, I miss that place. When did it fold?
Failure is not an option.
Zap! Classic Video Game Forums

Return to “Extension Requests”