Hide poll results

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
sp3ctre

Hide poll results

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:02 am

I'd love to move to phpbb 3.1 but the one mod we use all the time is "Hide poll results", as we run a monthly photo competition and the voting lasts for a week (with hidden results).

Would love to see this mod for 3.1 :D

sp3ctre

Re: Hide poll results

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:05 pm

I found the mod in 3.0.x

viewtopic.php?f=434&t=583577

Doesn't look too invasive, it'd be great to have it available for 3.1. I'll take a look at the MOD->Extension instructions but they seemed quite complex last time I looked.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Sad that this request has no replys yet, this was a very helpful modification.

But you can be happy, I need that extension for my forum as well :P
And if there isn't one, I'll code it.
Maybe not today or in the next week, but it'll be done (:

So if you have any preferences or needs here, feel free. The more info I have the more my solution will match what you want.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.
My extensions (Trending: @Mention SystemAdvanced PollsUser Online Time)

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:20 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:Sad that this request has no replys yet, this was a very helpful modification.

But you can be happy, I need that extension for my forum as well :P
And if there isn't one, I'll code it.
Maybe not today or in the next week, but it'll be done (:

So if you have any preferences or needs here, feel free. The more info I have the more my solution will match what you want.
Hi,

Thanks, that sounds great! To be honest it doesn't need to be any different to the existing mod, just a check box for times polls so that the results are hidden until the end. Of course there are other things you could do to the mod, but not really necessary in my opinion :)

Thanks again,

Jim

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Yeah, I know how that mod works, but I really missed some features.
For example the one mentioned in another request, to show who voted for wich option.

So I think I'll combine them to a full extension for polls.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:Yeah, I know how that mod works, but I really missed some features.
For example the one mentioned in another request, to show who voted for wich option.

So I think I'll combine them to a full extension for polls.
Sounds interesting, although knowing the people on my forum they would get grumpy about that. I think a lot of people want to vote anonymous.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:34 pm

sp3ctre wrote:Sounds interesting, although knowing the people on my forum they would get grumpy about that. I think a lot of people want to vote anonymous.
Yes, and they should get that.

As I thought of there should be another checkbox with "Show usernames who voted", so it will not be on every poll, just on the polls where the creator chose that.
And I'll also add a permission if you can see the voters, so you can play around with that as you want.

sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:
sp3ctre wrote:Sounds interesting, although knowing the people on my forum they would get grumpy about that. I think a lot of people want to vote anonymous.
Yes, and they should get that.

As I thought of there should be another checkbox with "Show usernames who voted", so it will not be on every poll, just on the polls where the creator chose that.
And I'll also add a permission if you can see the voters, so you can play around with that as you want.
Awesome, sounds perfect :D

spello

Post by spello » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Additional checkbox giving ability to mark poll as with hidden results until sb vote or the time will be reached should be in the core!

spello

Post by spello » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:00 am

I have found the solution, it's here:
viewtopic.php?p=12957932#p12957932 & viewtopic.php?p=12959624#p12959624

After you did everything form above two posts, the last step accurate for phpbb3.1 is:
For every style (code example is for proSilver) open /styles/?/template/viewtopic_body.html and find:

Code: Select all

<dd class="resultbar<!-- IF not S_DISPLAY_RESULTS --> hidden<!-- ENDIF -->"><div class="<!-- IF poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PCT < 20 -->pollbar1<!-- ELSEIF poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PCT < 40 -->pollbar2<!-- ELSEIF poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PCT < 60 -->pollbar3<!-- ELSEIF poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PCT < 80 -->pollbar4<!-- ELSE -->pollbar5<!-- ENDIF -->" style="width:{poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PERCENT_REL};">{poll_option.POLL_OPTION_RESULT}</div></dd>
Change to:

Code: Select all

<dd class="resultbar<!-- IF not S_DISPLAY_RESULTS --> hidden<!-- ENDIF -->"><div class="<!-- IF poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PCT < 20 -->pollbar1<!-- ELSEIF poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PCT < 40 -->pollbar2<!-- ELSEIF poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PCT < 60 -->pollbar3<!-- ELSEIF poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PCT < 80 -->pollbar4<!-- ELSE -->pollbar5<!-- ENDIF -->" style="width:{poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PERCENT_REL};">{poll_option.POLL_OPTION_RESULT}</div><!-- IF poll_option.WHO_VOTED --><br/>{poll_option.WHO_VOTED}<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
It works brilliant and displays polls voters. I have tested it on phpBB 3.1
On phpBB3.0 it also hides polls, but in 3.1 it doesn't.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:58 am

Ye, but you should not modify the core.
That's the reason why I am going to make this an extension :P

sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:38 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:Ye, but you should not modify the core.
Not pressing, but any idea when you'll be doing this? (roughly)

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:39 am

sp3ctre wrote:
Wolfsblvt wrote:Ye, but you should not modify the core.
Not pressing, but any idea when you'll be doing this? (roughly)
I have a smoll extension I am woking on, and I have to change my old extensions. I'll do that next then.
I'd say you would get the first dev version in December. Something between 1 and 3 weeks maybe.

vynsane

Post by vynsane » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi, I was searching for this exact thing for contest voting and wanted to know if there was any headway on your development of it? Would you accept collaboration help? If not, I may take it up myself.

If you are actively working on it, might I suggest a feature? One of our voting rules is that you must be a registered forum member BEFORE the contest announcement, so that unscrupulous people can't have their friends all register accounts and vote them up. Would it be possible to implement an optional date field used to restrict voting to a specified date? The announcement is generally a month or two before the voting topic is created, so it couldn't just be the date of the poll topic creation.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:40 pm

I've done a bit research, created a first try of the extension, but I am not very far in development. I will do this mod in any case, but I don't know if I want to add the features you are suggesting.

I am not understanding everything of this.
vynsane wrote:One of our voting rules is that you must be a registered forum member BEFORE the contest announcement, so that unscrupulous people can't have their friends all register accounts and vote them up.
Dunno if I want to do that. Sounds okay, but very specific...
vynsane wrote:Would it be possible to implement an optional date field used to restrict voting to a specified date? The announcement is generally a month or two before the voting topic is created, so it couldn't just be the date of the poll topic creation.
What do you mean? You can set an end date for the poll

Return to “Extension Requests”