Resize forum image

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
aeiz

Resize forum image

Post by aeiz » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:59 am

I'm not talking about automatic resizing of images within a forum post, but i'm talking about the individual forum thread logo's i uploaded within the ACP.

Img.1

Img..2

Img.3

as you can see in "Img.3" the image is far too large for a logo, and it makes it look really strange, could someone please make an extension to auto resize these, thx in advance.

PayBas
Former Team Member

Re: Resize forum image

Post by PayBas » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:05 am

The images you use as forum icons are submitted as a file-path. So this function doesn't have a dedicated upload feature.

What you end up with is that you will have to serve the image that is already on your server (uploaded via FTP or whatever), so you can't resize the actual file anymore. You're left with 2 options.

1) Reduce the size of the image with CSS (by setting a max-width/height)

2) Upload a smaller version of the image, and use that instead

Option 2 is way easier (and saves you bandwith). So just upload a smaller version ;).

aeiz

Post by aeiz » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:49 pm

option one would normally chop off some of it right? and option 2 since i don't have a paid software for it, would loose quality.

aeiz

Post by aeiz » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:52 pm

would be nice to have an extension to upload images and resize directly in ACP

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:00 pm

aeiz wrote: option 2 since i don't have a paid software for it, would loose quality.
There are plenty of free alternatives that would do just as good a job. The images are small anyway so any drop in quality would be pretty negligible. Irfanview and GIMP will both do image resizing with no problem.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “Extension Requests”