favicon extension?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
Holger

favicon extension?

Post by Holger » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Is there any need for a favicon extension?
I would use it.

/Holger

Wolfsblvt

Re: favicon extension?

Post by Wolfsblvt » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Have a look at this: [DEV] Favicon

But I can quote VSE here, especially part one of his post:
VSE wrote:I don't see why such an overly complicated extension is needed here, for two reasons:

Fav icons and touch icons just need to be placed in your root directories these days, and they are done. There is no longer a need for any link tags in HTML to get them working, and that's especially true with the modern browsers phpBB requires.

Second, phpBb is planning to ship with a fav icon of its own, at least there is a ticket for one.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.
My extensions (Trending: @Mention SystemAdvanced PollsUser Online Time)

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

Holger

Post by Holger » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:Have a look at this: [DEV] Favicon

But I can quote VSE here, especially part one of his post:
VSE wrote:I don't see why such an overly complicated extension is needed here, for two reasons:

Fav icons and touch icons just need to be placed in your root directories these days, and they are done. There is no longer a need for any link tags in HTML to get them working, and that's especially true with the modern browsers phpBB requires.

Second, phpBb is planning to ship with a fav icon of its own, at least there is a ticket for one.
Yes, I thought so, but for some reason that does not work on my server. Strange.

Thanks both of you!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:06 pm

make sure it is a .ico file and then try putting the favicon in both the site root and phpbb root to see if that helps. also, go ahead and put the html link in the overall_header file of whatever styles you use especially if it is not a .ico file.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Holger

Post by Holger » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Sure is an ico-file, it worked in the previous version of the forum ...

Return to “Extension Requests”