Multi Ranks

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
supanet

Re: Multi Ranks

Post by supanet »

I also have the above [ABD]Ext working on my live forum but it doesn't work perfectly :shock:
If you enable the first multi rank it will interfere with the normal rank causing it to display out of sync (the one that changes as your posts go up, what I call the post rank) the only way to avoid this is to leave the first multi rank blank and only use the second two. :mrgreen:
EDIT I forgot to say someone needs to take this on and pick up from what was started as it is a very much requested Ext also it looks like his other Ext normal and special ranks has been abandoned as well :( .

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

supanet wrote: If you enable the first multi rank it will interfere with the normal rank causing it to display out of sync (the one that changes as your posts go up, what I call the post rank) the only way to avoid this is to leave the first multi rank blank and only use the second two. :mrgreen:
In what way does it interfere with the post rank? Thanks

supanet

Post by supanet »

a[c]e wrote:
supanet wrote: If you enable the first multi rank it will interfere with the normal rank causing it to display out of sync (the one that changes as your posts go up, what I call the post rank) the only way to avoid this is to leave the first multi rank blank and only use the second two. :mrgreen:
In what way does it interfere with the post rank? Thanks
I'm not sure what is going on in the background but what happens is this:

First: if you only use the second and third Multi Rank everything works ok your second and third rank and your post rank shows up ok.

Second: if you also use the first Multi Rank then you will loose the post rank (it disappears from view)

Third: If you also use this Ext with his other one Normal and Special Ranks this will bring the post rank back into view but it will be out of sync, by this I mean it will display the correct name for the post rank (even on hover) but it will display the wrong icon. :?

See here for an example of this on my test site (and yes I know this is a custom style but it does the same in prosilver) Link: http://zonezero.pixelscrapbook.com/view ... hp?f=2&t=2

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

Thanks!

So if only using nr. 2 & 3 it is ok? Can it be safely used even thought it is not completed? I would REALLY like someone to finish this extension :|

supanet

Post by supanet »

a[c]e wrote:Thanks!

So if only using nr. 2 & 3 it is ok? Can it be safely used even thought it is not completed? I would REALLY like someone to finish this extension :|
I've been using it this way on a live forum for sometime now with no issues that I have noticed (see my sig below for a link to my live site)
Having said this its not recommended to use un-released extensions on a live board so do so at your own risk. ;)

OmkePom
Name: IJsbrand Nijboer

Post by OmkePom »

a[c]e wrote:Thanks!

I use it, it works 4 me :)
You got Brains like a Peanut, OMG i insulted a Peanut!

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

I have used it live for 3-4 users now for quite some time, and it seems to be working just fine. I am considering to give it a go and activate for all 2-300 users I need it for?! :?

The question is if it will be causing problems in the future with updates to phpBB?

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

Anybody?

Can't believe I am the only one needing this extension?

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Well, it's an abandoned extension. The reason it's discouraged to run on a live board is because it has not been validated to work by the Extensions Team and there is nowhere on phpBB.com where you can request support for the extension since it has been marked abandoned.

But if you've tested it and it seems to do what you want it to do, you can use it. At your own risk. :)
If you do seem to run into trouble later on, you can always disable the extension.
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the whole point of extensions is that they do not affect updating in any way.

you could have a hundred non functioning extensions installed and it will not affect your update process at all.

having said that, extensions that have not been validated may or may not let your board work properly but you would see that after you install them, not from an update point of view.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

Thanks for your help guys!

supanet

Post by supanet »

Still need someone to take this and Normal and Special Ranks on where the last guy left off.......... anyone willing to step up to the challenge. :D

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

+1

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e »

Anybody? :|

MagicalFire

Post by MagicalFire »

+1