Multi Ranks

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Multi Ranks

Post by Mick » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:09 am

nya wrote:and nobody can convert RC of most needed extension ever for phpbb
If you're that impatient you could try and do it yourself and who says it's the most needed extension for phpBB ever?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

nya

Post by nya » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:24 am

I think no, i'll just add this feature into code directly. Much faster way. :D
And will wait phpbb 4.1+ for next migration like 4-5 years cuz code was be modified.

supanet

Post by supanet » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Mick wrote:
nya wrote:and nobody can convert RC of most needed extension ever for phpbb
If you're that impatient you could try and do it yourself and who says it's the most needed extension for phpBB ever?
Most needed no, most requested possibly. ;)

nya

Post by nya » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:53 pm

For big forums this mod 100% necessary.
At desks, with 100 users its not needed ofc.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:32 pm

nya wrote:For big forums this mod 100% necessary.
At desks, with 100 users its not needed ofc.
sorry, that is just your opinion.

probably for "most" boards it is not needed at all.
for "most" boards , ranks are probably not even used at all.

that is my opinion only, I have no idea what "most" boards use or don't use and neither do you.

:)

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

supanet

Post by supanet » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:16 pm

As everyone seems to be giving out opinions on this extension this is mine.
I think a big opportunity was missed in not updating the ranking system in phpBB 3.1..
I never did understand the reason behind having a system that allows the use of multi-ranks but only one pre user. :?

Also the name "Ranks" is a bit misleading as you can use these icons/badges for lots of reasons on forum based sites, many clan sites need this sort of thing to show the different clans they are in or as a badge to show you are a donator/supporter of the forum.

At the moment on my forum I use the post rank that changes as your post goes up this means I then cant then give someone a supporters badge because I have to pick one or the other, I also cant give my moderators any other badges/ranks for the same reason this is stupid. :roll:
And this is only part of the reason we need Multi-ranks, I could go on. :mrgreen:

This is my opinion. :D

nya

Post by nya » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:18 pm

Every post in teh internet is just "IMHO".
Btw, i moved 90% features MultiRank to 3.1.4 already for 1 hour work, and stopped at some new mechanics on 3.1.4. Last 10% of porting will take 4-5 hours learning how to, or half year who knows? :lol:

nya

Post by nya » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:21 pm

supanet wrote:As everyone seems to be giving out opinions on this extension this is mine.
I think a big opportunity was missed in not updating the ranking system in phpBB 3.1..
I never did understand the reason behind having a system that allows the use of multi-ranks but only one pre user. :?

Also the name "Ranks" is a bit misleading as you can use these icons/badges for lots of reasons on forum based sites, many clan sites need this sort of thing to show the different clans they are in or as a badge to show you are a donator/supporter of the forum.

At the moment on my forum I use the post rank that changes as your post goes up this means I then cant then give someone a supporters badge because I have to pick one or the other, I also cant give my moderators any other badges/ranks for the same reason this is stupid. :roll:
And this is only part of the reason we need Multi-ranks, I could go on. :mrgreen:

This is my opinion. :D
+ 9000 senior.

Ranks is not just ranks. Here might be way in phpbb to use it on several ways. Like badgets, icons, medals, etc.

supanet

Post by supanet » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:23 am

nya wrote:Every post in teh internet is just "IMHO".
Btw, i moved 90% features MultiRank to 3.1.4 already for 1 hour work, and stopped at some new mechanics on 3.1.4. Last 10% of porting will take 4-5 hours learning how to, or half year who knows? :lol:
This is awesome :D
Why not start a topic in the "Extensions in Development" section it doesn't matter if it cant be tested yet and this way testers will be ready when it is. :mrgreen:
Looking forward to the other 10% :lol:

javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:00 am

javiexin wrote:I have something in the works that will serve this purpose, and a lot of others.

However, it will not be there before 3.1.6.

Stay tuned.
-javiexin
As I said, I have something in the works. It is now fully ready, except it requires a number of changes in the core that will not be there until 3.1.6.

There is more information here: viewtopic.php?p=14127611#p14127611
If someone wants to test before that, you will have to patch your system, and get in touch with me.

Warning: this is NOT specifically a Multi-Rank extension, but it allows to attach multiple images to the profile of any one forum user, and allows for the display of these in multiple places. So, it may be configured to act as a "Multi-Rank", but also as a "Clan Selector", or as any other thing that attaches images to profiles.

Regards,
-javiexin

supanet

Post by supanet » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:52 pm

javiexin wrote:
javiexin wrote:I have something in the works that will serve this purpose, and a lot of others.

However, it will not be there before 3.1.6.

Stay tuned.
-javiexin
As I said, I have something in the works. It is now fully ready, except it requires a number of changes in the core that will not be there until 3.1.6.

There is more information here: viewtopic.php?p=14127611#p14127611
If someone wants to test before that, you will have to patch your system, and get in touch with me.

Warning: this is NOT specifically a Multi-Rank extension, but it allows to attach multiple images to the profile of any one forum user, and allows for the display of these in multiple places. So, it may be configured to act as a "Multi-Rank", but also as a "Clan Selector", or as any other thing that attaches images to profiles.

Regards,
-javiexin
Yes I am already following this with interest but haven't installed it on my test site yet as I was waiting for those extra features of displaying images. :D

a[c]e

Post by a[c]e » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:38 am

Looking forward to this!!

Smithgb

Post by Smithgb » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:33 pm

can use both normal rank and special rank image in post profile and prfile?

javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:54 am

Smithgb wrote:can use both normal rank and special rank image in post profile and prfile?
If you are talking about my proposal, you would use a normal rank with the standard rank system, and an "additional" rank/badge/other image that would be equivalent to a special rank using my extension.
So yes, you can have both at the same time. And you can show them in profile, post profile, memberlist and private message profile.

Regards
-javiexin

supanet

Post by supanet » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Will we be limited to the amount of ranks/badges/other images we can have?
Also will it be possible for admins to set these for members or will it only be available for members to choose one as in other Profile Fields?

Return to “Extension Requests”