RSS importer (available)

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
Wirral Talk

Re: RSS importer (available)

Post by Wirral Talk » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:29 pm

Eventually updated to phpBB 3.1

I'm confused about "Topic Id" setting for this RSS importer, can anyone help?

Holger

Post by Holger » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:43 pm

I am not using that setting but I think all posts are made knto that topic if you insert one.

Wirral Talk

Post by Wirral Talk » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Cheers

Ok, left it at "0" and I assume it just keeps adding topics to the specified forum.

I'm getting nowhere, on 3.0, one by one my feeds were erroring with "no content", over a period of about 6 months I lost all 10 feeds. I hoped installing 3.1 would start afresh and they would work but they aren't. Its very difficult to find out where the problem is.

One thing that is absurd is that the username on the error log is very random and doesn't match the username specified in the feed configuration, it seems to pick up whatever user is hanging around. This happened in 3.0 and 3.1

Holger

Post by Holger » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:19 pm

:shock:

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:26 am

Wirral Talk wrote:One thing that is absurd is that the username on the error log is very random and doesn't match the username specified in the feed configuration, it seems to pick up whatever user is hanging around. This happened in 3.0 and 3.1
Sounds like its error'ing when fetching new feeds. Which was executed when users browsed the index in the 3.0 mod. That's why it looks like its random users. But that shouldn't be the case for 3.1 if its set to cron, I think.

Wirral Talk

Post by Wirral Talk » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Mess wrote:
Wirral Talk wrote:One thing that is absurd is that the username on the error log is very random and doesn't match the username specified in the feed configuration, it seems to pick up whatever user is hanging around. This happened in 3.0 and 3.1
Sounds like its error'ing when fetching new feeds. Which was executed when users browsed the index in the 3.0 mod. That's why it looks like its random users. But that shouldn't be the case for 3.1 if its set to cron, I think.
In 3.0 I was using cron to trigger, in 3.1 I'm not using cron yet.

I have different users for each feed, in 3.0 the error was always reported by one of the feed users not normal users. In 3.1 it is whoever is logged in (including google bot) but I only have one feed set up while I'm trying to get things sorted.

Wirral Talk

Post by Wirral Talk » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:40 am

Got one of my feeds working by changing download function to Curl instead of simplexml - can't believe I didn't try that earlier as I write numerous php scripts using Curl to avoid silly problems.

Yay :D

fbonizzi

Post by fbonizzi » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi is it still possible to get the mod? I just registered so i can't send any private messages yet. :)

Wirral Talk

Post by Wirral Talk » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:00 pm

fbonizzi wrote:Hi is it still possible to get the mod? I just registered so i can't send any private messages yet. :)
The mod for phpBB3 3.0 or the extension for phpBB3 3.1?

Holger

Post by Holger » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Please do not distribute.
I have sent a pm.

alsthom

Post by alsthom » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:27 am

Hello.
I have installed this extension on my pc (localhost) without any problem. Only the known one, this with index but I solve it using cron.
Today I installed it at my live forum but it doesn't post anything. I checked and double checked the settings but without result.
Index init/index posting is set to no, while cron init and posting is set to yes .
I have enabled cron from server sttings.
I have checked the topic and permissions...
What am I missing?
Could you please enlighten me? Why isn't it download/post anything? What could be the couse? What do you think?
Thank you

alsthom

Post by alsthom » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:30 am

I would like to add this:
In manage feeds tab, I can see that it is updating normal. I mean that I can see Last update (before some minutes) and next update.
It means that extension is working. But it isn't posting...
Please advise me what else to check.
--------------------
:!: EDIT :!:
I re-installed the extension and the problem is gone...

EnglishJimbob

Post by EnglishJimbob » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Holger wrote:I have sent a pm.
I'm in the same boat, cannot PM.

I just installed 3.0 at bluehost after forumatic announced closing. Upgraded to 3.1.10 and started setting up brand new forums. In case it's relevant: All forums are private (guest sees nothing), and registration is disabled. Using ACP_add_user extension to create users.

I'm looking for a way to get pretty version of my blog posts into the forum for discussion. By pretty version, I'm thinking like the twitter card idea, with headline, summary, large image and link.

If this can happen automatically from RSS, that's great. I can tweak the script but I'd rather not write from scratch. Is this the right tool/place Holger?

Thanks

EnglishJimbob

Post by EnglishJimbob » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:54 pm

Thanks, it worked perfectly. Up and running in minutes.. love it!!

Donated via paypal

KyleO2017

Post by KyleO2017 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Can I try this? And am I to assume it works on 3.1.10?

Return to “Extension Requests”