Mentions

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
lukiaensyl

Mentions

Post by lukiaensyl » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:53 am

I haven't been able to find anything, but it'd be cool if someone were to create a pinging/highlighting notification system. I find that a large percentage of members prefer to use "@user" instead of quoting. People are also used to being able to tag others on many of the various social media sites, and it only makes sense that something like this should be developed for 3.1. It can't be too complicated considering everything you need is already there, with the notifications on quoting, but I can't really say - hence the request.

Dannie*

Re: Mentions

Post by Dannie* » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:26 am

Yes, I need it.

+1

M.Gaetan89
Name: Gaëtan

Post by M.Gaetan89 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:53 am

There is a topic about this on area51. I can't link to the topic at the moment, at the site is down...

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:26 pm

It is more complicated than you may think. But considering the requests someone really should do that.
Maybe me...? :P

But be aware, with a REALLY big board with many users it can lead to slower loading times or something like that, we'll see.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.
My extensions (Trending: @Mention SystemAdvanced PollsUser Online Time)

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

lukiaensyl

Post by lukiaensyl » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:36 pm

M.Gaetan89 wrote:There is a topic about this on area51. I can't link to the topic at the moment, at the site is down...
Ahh, that doesn't surprise me. When it's back up a link would be appreciated!
Wolfsblvt wrote:It is more complicated than you may think. But considering the requests someone really should do that.
Maybe me...? :P

But be aware, with a REALLY big board with many users it can lead to slower loading times or something like that, we'll see.
Haha, that's why I was careful with my wording ;] Mhm, it would be a very useful feature. Well, if you think you're up for the task then why not?! I see, how big would you class "really big"..? I've got around 1,000 members, but to most that would usually be considered small.

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Post by kinerity » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:17 pm

lukiaensyl wrote:how big would you class "really big"..? I've got around 1,000 members, but to most that would usually be considered small.
Gaia has 27,885,653 ;)
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

Dannie*

Post by Dannie* » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Hahaha, really, hopefully you will have like 100000 members (if you're famous).

If you have a forum with 27000000 users, you should have like 400 servers hahahah

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:24 am

Okay guys, I am getting closer!
I can tell you that I really will release an extension for this (:

I don't know if I do anything stupid wich can be done better (I have heard some things with different suggestions for this one), but... if it works the way I want it to work, everything is good.

So, be prepared!
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

Dannie*

Post by Dannie* » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:06 am

Wolfsblvt wrote:Okay guys, I am getting closer!

I don't know if I do anything stupid wich can be done better (I have heard some things with different suggestions for this one), but... if it works the way I want it to work, everything is good.

So, be prepared!
Nice :3.

Good luck... I'm waiting ^^

M.Gaetan89

Post by M.Gaetan89 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:29 am

Wolfsblvt wrote:Okay guys, I am getting closer!

So, be prepared!

Looking forward to test this :-)

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:28 am

Be excited!

I'll use cool plugins for autosuggest and username finding, I'll modify them heavy for my needs, and I have many things planned.
Just wanted to say I am on this an show you a bit of it. It will take some more time :P

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:07 am

Wolfsblvt wrote:Be excited!

I'll use cool plugins for autosuggest and username finding, I'll modify them heavy for my needs, and I have many things planned.
Just wanted to say I am on this an show you a bit of it. It will take some more time :P
Visually, you've nailed it. :)

Can you use phpBB's functions for username finding? There are some functions utilized at the live member search (try typing something in the Username field): memberlist.php?mode=searchuser

Chris-Jr
Name: Chris

Post by Chris-Jr » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:02 am

I'm new to this whole thing. Been looking for this extension for a few days now. Registered just to follow this thread. :D

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Louis7777 wrote:Can you use phpBB's functions for username finding? There are some functions utilized at the live member search (try typing something in the Username field): memberlist.php?mode=searchuser
I could, yes. But do you think this is better then my solution? :D

M.Gaetan89

Post by M.Gaetan89 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:
Louis7777 wrote:Can you use phpBB's functions for username finding? There are some functions utilized at the live member search (try typing something in the Username field): memberlist.php?mode=searchuser
I could, yes. But do you think this is better then my solution? :D
It depends what keeps you from using the included solution :P

But nice work by the way! Looking forward to test it :D

Return to “Extension Requests”