Mentions

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
VSE
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Re: Mentions

Post by VSE » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:16 am

Hopefully you are using the notifications system. So the JavaScript wouldn't just autocomplete, but store every user mentioned during a post and then ajax them to a mention notification class. And users can choose if they want emails too or just the notification alert in the menu bar as we can do with other built in notifications.

Good luck with this one :P
Dictated but not read.
Official phpBB Extensions My Extensions & MODs
Please do not PM me for support.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:50 pm

VSE wrote:Hopefully you are using the notifications system. So the JavaScript wouldn't just autocomplete, but store every user mentioned during a post and then ajax them to a mention notification class.
No. I have decided to send the notifications on php side when the post is send and accepted (like phpBB does for quotes). Sending on js side would sause several problems. For example that the post may not exist if the mentioned person clicks on the link, cause the user is still typing.There is also no post_id available to store the notifications etc.

If you think the javascript way would be better than using the same same quoting does, please let me know why :D
I am open for any help or suggestions.
VSE wrote:And users can choose if they want emails too or just the notification alert in the menu bar as we can do with other built in notifications.
Yes, I am using the official notification system. So I will create an email template (later), the option will be available in UCP. As I've seen the option is added to UCP automatically if I do the notification right.
Currently I am trying to understand this notification system. It seems to be quite complex, and there is sadly no guide about it :P I am orientating on rxus short guides, the quote notification and how the official board rules extension includes the notification.

So it will take some time. I will not just copy'n'paste the notification stuff and get it to work in some way. I want to understand what I'm doing :D
VSE wrote:Good luck with this one :P
Thank you. I'll hope I can do the best with this often requested extension.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.
My extensions (Trending: @Mention SystemAdvanced PollsUser Online Time)

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

uruguayito

Post by uruguayito » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:56 pm

several hope your work Wolfsblvt ;)
I speak spanish
Sorry for my bad english

VSE

Post by VSE » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:Yes, I am using the official notification system. So I will create an email template (later), the option will be available in UCP. As I've seen the option is added to UCP automatically if I do the notification right.
Currently I am trying to understand this notification system. It seems to be quite complex, and there is sadly no guide about it :P I am orientating on rxus short guides, the quote notification and how the official board rules extension includes the notification.

So it will take some time. I will not just copy'n'paste the notification stuff and get it to work in some way. I want to understand what I'm doing :D
You just have to create your own notification type class (look at board rules to see what is needed for notification classes, like the the type class, service, ext.php and email template files). Look at some of the core's notification classes like the quote class to see what you need to do for your extension.
Dictated but not read.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:03 pm

VSE wrote:You just have to create your own notification type class (look at board rules to see what is needed for notification classes, like the the type class, service, ext.php and email template files). Look at some of the core's notification classes like the quote class to see what you need to do for your extension.
Ye, I am doing that. Seems to no big magic stuff, but quite a lot of functions you need in this class, so I'll see wich I need and what I have to write :P

But one thing I am not sure. There is a function that returns the user_ids wich should be notified by this notification. Is this the place where I should see wich users are mentioned,
or would it be better to check it before triggering the notification and passing an array of user_ids as data inside the notification?
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

VSE

Post by VSE » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:But one thing I am not sure. There is a function that returns the user_ids wich should be notified by this notification. Is this the place where I should see wich users are mentioned,
or would it be better to check it before triggering the notification and passing an array of user_ids as data inside the notification?
Pass whatever user data you have to the notification, then in the notification do any further processing to the user data you gave it, like finding their IDs from their names, or whatever.
Dictated but not read.

FrankPereiro

Post by FrankPereiro » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 am

Can't wait to test this extension, it should be really helpfull.

You guys are doing a great job. I'm subscribing to this thread because I need this ext :mrgreen:

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:49 am

I am just doing some more tweaking and writing the language vars.
I am rewriting my parser a bit to save load and the I am finished with the first dev version :D

Should be this week, so stay tuned.

Blaxis

Post by Blaxis » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:38 pm

I'll be waiting for it, Wolfsblvt. Thanks in advance! :P

lukiaensyl

Post by lukiaensyl » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:13 pm

Nice work! Any updates on release?

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:01 pm

lukiaensyl wrote:Nice work! Any updates on release?
*sneak* maybe today 8-)

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Really looking forward to this, thanks for working on it 8-)
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Okay, I am not mentioning everyone here ("mention", hihi. Get it?), cause I hope everyone who is interested in this has already followed this topic :P

The extension is ready for public testing now!
[DEV] @Mention System

I hope you all here will test it and give at least a short review in the development topic. I need that feedback :P

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:57 pm

lukiaensyl wrote:
Dannie* wrote:
Chris-Jr wrote:
Louis7777 wrote:
Volksdevil wrote:
uruguayito wrote:
JacquelineHyde wrote:
Holger wrote:
uruguayito wrote:
Okay, thought it would be cool to however mention you all who are interested, just to show how much cooler it could be with the @Mention System :P

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:06 pm

Lol, should work a treat going off your quoting here. ;) I'll be trying it out asap. :D
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60

Return to “Extension Requests”