newsletter in html

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
nudels64

Re: newsletter in html

Post by nudels64 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:16 am

Yes. is empty. In the server log also nothing.
phpbb 3.2.3 # PHP-Version: 7.0 # Themes: Prosilver and Basic

nudels64

Post by nudels64 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:31 am

When I send out the newsletter, the group settings jump immediately to group and the error message appears. Are database entries made during installation?

girello

Post by girello » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:34 am

http://www.photolandia.net
version phpbb 3.2

nudels64

Post by nudels64 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:40 am

I've already read.

John_Miller

Post by John_Miller » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:01 am

Hello there, I try to find the Newsletter EXT that girello was talking about. The one by Cece74 and dmzx (which is now ABD Newsletter).

Neither link leads me to a downloadable version. I need to have more than 5 posts to PM the developer. Can anybody please help me out?

Either that, or please direct me to working mod / ext that allows me to add Images in form of BBcodes or something. I tried using the phpbb-ext-newsletter, but this one only changes the header/footer of the Mass Email. It doesn't offer you HTML emails.

Thanks in advance

Leinad4Mind
Translator

Post by Leinad4Mind » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:11 pm

I beleive I've this in my home computer. I'll send you over tonight.

But in my forum I use a premium extension (paid)
Want to access all my portuguese MOD and Extension translations?
Become my Patreon!
phpBB Portugal Translator and Moderator

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:05 pm

since html email in phpbb is a security risk you are not likely to get one anytime soon.

I would suggest you simply download a mailing list from your database and use it in whatever email/newsletter software you have for this.
it will work much better and give you a lot more options than anything you could do with phpbb extension.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

John_Miller

Post by John_Miller » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:05 am

Using a third party Mailing List is out of the option. This is extra work for me and I'd rather keep it in one engine.

I currently modify the phpbb.de/Newsletter script, which does change the header/footer of the Mass Email - but it can not incorporate a logo or do some rudimentary layout stuff. Maybe in the future.

@Leinad4Mind
I don't think you can forward me a PM as long as I don't have 5 posts made. Can't even send you one... this limitation is a bit annoying, but I understand where this is coming from. I'd also be interested in the "premium extension" though.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:14 am

I understand but since there is no function in standard phpbb to create html email it would probably be easier and faster to do it using a program designed for it.

you simply run one query on your database to get all the usernames and/or email addresses. you save that as a csv file.
then, whatever email program you use you can create a mailing list using that csv file and poof , you are done.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

John_Miller

Post by John_Miller » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:09 pm

A possibility but then "subscribe/unsubscribe" won't work and my mail provider might consider the mail sent from my mail program as spam.

I could try it, if I'd know the code. But I already know that this backfires and is still(!) extra work. So I guess for the meantime, I hope to get a PM with the HTML Newsletter script to check out on a test install, and use the phpbb.de script for changing the header/footer of the Mass Email (still in TXT form, but better personalization/legal imprint possible)

Return to “Extension Requests”