I know there are few blogs for phpBB (mostly MODs), but main idea for this is to have blog on board and be able to convert articles in blog back to topics (MODs and extensions get abandoned), because I don't want to lost any articles and comments, if I decide to upgrade board to a new version and there will not be extension for the blog I'm using.
So I thought that first post in the topic could serve as article for blog and other post would be comments. Now, in blogs are on the front page articles without comments and this (probably) could be replaced by showing the text of first posts in topics on vieforum.php. It can look similar as NV NewsPage MOD for phpBB 3.0, but it will be on viewforum.php and not on separate page.
Here is a few features I would like to have:
- Show text of first posts (articles) of topics on vieforum.php
- Show certain amount of the articles on vieforum.php - there is setting in ACP which can handle this - Topics per page:
- New Forum Type named blog or something similar.
- Blog author - it's already possible to set permission (Can start new topics) that only certain user (blog author) would be able to create topics.
- Formatting of articles on vieforum.php - it should be formatted as first post of topic.
- Max number of characters showed in one article on vieforum.php - Could be number setting or some BBCode like [vfblog][/vfblog] where the part user wants to appear on vieforum.php would have to be in this BBCode.
- Blog category - if on board is more forums converted to blogs it would be nice to have some kind of blog category with links to blogs and last articles from all blogs (something as Active topics, but with texts) etc.