quote remover

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: quote remover

Post by JoshyPHP »

If you set it to 0 there's no limit anymore. Or as the ACP puts it, "Set to 0 for unlimited depth."
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.
Dkell

Post by Dkell »

JoshyPHP wrote:Again, money is a good indicator of how much people actually care.
So what sort of "contribution" would be required to get someone to build an extension for this? :shock:
Dkell

Post by Dkell »

JoshyPHP wrote:If you set it to 0 there's no limit anymore. Or as the ACP puts it, "Set to 0 for unlimited depth."
Ah okay, so if I set the nested quote depth to 1 in the ACP only the post being quoted will post and no more error messages?
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Dkell wrote:So what sort of "contribution" would be required to get someone to build an extension for this? :shock:
It's only a guess but I think you could find someone to do it for maybe $50? That seems in the ballpark.
Dkell wrote:Ah okay, so if I set the nested quote depth to 1 in the ACP only the post being quoted will post and no more error messages?
In 3.2 with depth=0 if I click the "Quote" button on your previous post, there will be your text but none of the quotes.
Dkell

Post by Dkell »

JoshyPHP wrote:
Dkell wrote:So what sort of "contribution" would be required to get someone to build an extension for this? :shock:
It's only a guess but I think you could find someone to do it for maybe $50? That seems in the ballpark.

JoshyPHP wrote:
Dkell wrote:Ah okay, so if I set the nested quote depth to 1 in the ACP only the post being quoted will post and no more error messages?
In 3.2 with depth=0 if I click the "Quote" button on your previous post, there will be your text but none of the quotes.
Okay so if I want to set the quote level to 1, that is not going to remove the error?

On my 3.0.12 board we had a mod that removed the nested quote, the post would only display the post being quoted and remove the error message, the fix in 3.2 will not accommodate this?

Sorry if I'm reading your posts wrong.
Last edited by Dkell on Thu May 28, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

In 3.2 there's no error related to quote depth ever. Instead, it removes the extra quotes when you reply. It does so in two ways: if you press the "Quote" button, the text in the reply form contains only the maximum depth of quotes. And if you edit a post that has too many quotes (perhaps it was submitted when the limit was higher for example) then when you preview it or you submit it, instead of getting an error message like in 3.0 or 3.1, it automatically removes the deepest quotes.

I don't know how your MOD worked in 3.0, so it's hard to tell. If you send me a link to it I'll take a look.
marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Post by marian0810 »

JoshyPHP wrote:Whether it's removing quotes or any other feature, if it's really important for you then you should offer a bounty for it. Money is both a great motivator and a proof that someone actually cares about something.
Please keep in mind that offering money, or recruiting people for personal projects in any way, is not allowed here, will be removed and may result in a warning.

https://www.phpbb.com/rules/#spam
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!
Dkell

Post by Dkell »

marian0810 wrote:
JoshyPHP wrote:Whether it's removing quotes or any other feature, if it's really important for you then you should offer a bounty for it. Money is both a great motivator and a proof that someone actually cares about something.
Please keep in mind that offering money, or recruiting people for personal projects in any way, is not allowed here, will be removed and may result in a warning.

https://www.phpbb.com/rules/#spam
Apologies, I wasn't aware of that, I'll edit the post. :oops:
Dkell

Post by Dkell »

JoshyPHP wrote:In 3.2 there's no error related to quote depth ever. Instead, it removes the extra quotes when you reply. It does so in two ways: if you press the "Quote" button, the text in the reply form contains only the maximum depth of quotes. And if you edit a post that has too many quotes (perhaps it was submitted when the limit was higher for example) then when you preview it or you submit it, instead of getting an error message like in 3.0 or 3.1, it automatically removes the deepest quotes.

I don't know how your MOD worked in 3.0, so it's hard to tell. If you send me a link to it I'll take a look.
Ah okay, now we're on the same page, great it's exactly what I was looking for, set quote level and no error message. Simples 8-)

Appreciate your help.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

marian0810 wrote:Please keep in mind that offering money, or recruiting people for personal projects in any way, is not allowed here, will be removed and may result in a warning.
It's not? That would be crazy. Does that mean that someone who wants to sponsor the development of a phpBB extension is specifically disallowed to do so here? Instead they should go to some Rent-a-Coder site and pay someone who may not even be active in the phpBB community?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Yep, the rule is quite specific.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Post by marian0810 »

JoshyPHP wrote:It's not?
No.
Does that mean that someone who wants to sponsor the development of a phpBB extension is specifically disallowed to do so here?
Yes.
Instead they should go to some Rent-a-Coder site and pay someone who may not even be active in the phpBB community?
There are plenty of people who offer paid work that are active in the community. Some of them team members here who mention this in their signature. They can be contacted via PM.
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!
TRCilekesTR

quote remover

Post by TRCilekesTR »

yarnik

Post by yarnik »

Who else is interested?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

oops

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “Extension Requests”