Error warning a member

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Error warning a member

Post by Puchahawa » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:46 am

There are times when someone in an admin/mod group will warn a member only to have the rest of the group determine that the warning isn't justified. But there doesn't seem to be a way to correct the error. the warning is in effect until the boards predetermined length lets it go.

At the moment you can delete the User note about the warning. MCP > User notes > username > User details > mark > Delete marked

What I would like to see is a way to remove/delete a warning before the predetermined board setting.

Anyone interested / willing to create an extension for this? :D

thebigmattb

Re: Error warning a member

Post by thebigmattb » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:28 am

I am sure 3.0 had a way to remove the Warnings. I just looked at my test forum to see if I could find it... not there.

Unsure if its a bug or something they removed or maybe something I had modded in 3.0.

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Post by kinerity » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:47 am

Removing warnings is done via the ACP.
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

Puchahawa

Post by Puchahawa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:22 am

thank you Kinerity. Thats what I was hoping was the case. Just didn't find it. :D

mods please mark solved.

peopleinside
Name: Marco

Post by peopleinside » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:38 pm

kinerity wrote:Removing warnings is done via the ACP.
Hi, I have PHP 3.1.x installed and I Am unable to find how to remove warning from user profile.

ACP?

Puchahawa

Post by Puchahawa » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:57 pm

This is what I did. :) to delete a warning go to the mbr profile and administrate. In the drop down there is a option for warning. go there and delete. May want to delete a note about the warning if one was created.
Avatar courtesy of artist Faith Coyotë

peopleinside

Post by peopleinside » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Puchahawa wrote:This is what I did. :) to delete a warning go to the mbr profile and administrate. In the drop down there is a option for warning. go there and delete. May want to delete a note about the warning if one was created.
I can't see a Warning option in the drop down in 3.1 phpbb, the user continue to have 1 warning and i want make this number 0

Puchahawa

Post by Puchahawa » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:04 pm

When you click the dropdown and click on warning what does the page show.

Edit: let me clarify. Probably easier to go to the ACP, click the users and groups tab. That should bring up the user administration page. Put the members name in the field and click submit.

Some basic info will show up for the member and on the upper right of the page is a field labeled select form with a drop down box. Choose warnings. This will bring to you a page that lists any warnings for that member with an option to remove / delete them. :)
Avatar courtesy of artist Faith Coyotë

peopleinside

Post by peopleinside » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:14 pm

But once you remove the message the numer still be 1 warning in the user profile. It not change to 0

Oh yes, solved thanks!

Return to “Extension Requests”