Sub-Accounts / Account Links / Account Switcher

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
Shepskii

Re: Sub-Accounts / Account Links / Account Switcher

Post by Shepskii »

If/when you do decide to add Fancy Dice, I'd be happy to share the configuration I use for the FFG dice. It has been working really well for us so far and has really helped improve the pacing of ongoing gameplay.

The only downside is there isn't anyway to calculate the net result of an EoTE roll but that's not a major issue at all.
shurijo

Post by shurijo »

Thanks. We don't have an EotE game going now, but we've had a few in the past. I've been using http://game2.ca/eote/ which works well and sums the totals, but it's not built into the forums.
Shepskii

Post by Shepskii »

That's the tool we were using prior to getting Fancy Dice installed and its still the backup should the forum extension fail for any reason.
ArieDesigns

Post by ArieDesigns »

I love this idea, especially with the possiblity of multiple accounts or easy account linking and switching.
Duke.
Name: Duke

Post by Duke. »

+1. This would be a great improvement to phpbb overall. A coder who took this project on would receive much popularity and favour.
BriniaSona

Post by BriniaSona »

Each user on my forum has multiple characters, and each character has it;s own account with abilities, weapons and posts. I would just like to have it so there's a drop down menu users can use to switch between linked accounts, just like the old mod used to do.
infinitiv
Name: Ficjusz

Post by infinitiv »

BriniaSona wrote:Each user on my forum has multiple characters, and each character has it;s own account with abilities, weapons and posts. I would just like to have it so there's a drop down menu users can use to switch between linked accounts, just like the old mod used to do.
This.
shurijo

Post by shurijo »

infinitiv wrote:
BriniaSona wrote:Each user on my forum has multiple characters, and each character has it;s own account with abilities, weapons and posts. I would just like to have it so there's a drop down menu users can use to switch between linked accounts, just like the old mod used to do.
This.
Yes. This is what I wanted too. I'll speak with my fellow site admins, if there's no other higher priority enhancements/bug fixes, then we might start working on that.
mandarific

Post by mandarific »

Throwing in my support for this, I also run an RP forum where each user has separate accounts for their characters, so something to ease the process of switching between characters would be wonderful.
dinomazing

Post by dinomazing »

shurijo wrote:
infinitiv wrote:
This.
Yes. This is what I wanted too. I'll speak with my fellow site admins, if there's no other higher priority enhancements/bug fixes, then we might start working on that.
I've always used the Account Switcher mod with the Post-as-Poster mod on all of my games.
But if you manage to come up with an extension that allows for a user to select which linked account to post under from the posting page or even switch who the poster is after posting, that would be like 2 birds and one stone.
Dakayl

Post by Dakayl »

Hello there.

As I need it too, I've worked on a little project to create a whole new mod for account linking working with 3.1.x. (I used Acounts Links 0.7.9 on 3.0.x)

My current goals :
- Account linking from Admin, Moderator or User (based upon admin choice of how to link)
- Easy account switching : with list of links (<li><a>) or selectbox (<select><option>).
- Compatible with datas from Accounts Links 0.7.9 for 3.0.x, might be easy to switch to another
- EN and FR translation.
- Accents and quote improved compatibility.

No "post as XXX" yet but my goal is to provide a solution that people can update to add this functionnality after if required.

It's really early work, nothing is really done yet, however if some of you wanna join or follow, you can watch things from here :
https://github.com/Dakayl/accountlinker

Please note that's my first mod for PHPBB ever so things might not be as good as standard or clean as you hope. Feel free to provide insights but please consider that I will fulfill my current goal list before doing anything additionnal.
lordrichy

Post by lordrichy »

+1. Love this idea!
MystEra

Post by MystEra »

+1 for the accountswitch :)
BriniaSona

Post by BriniaSona »

It'll be great for my forum where people have 5+ accounts.
«THÖMÅS®©»

Post by «THÖMÅS®©» »

This would also be handy for people like me that have a gaming clan AND a community board on a single site. This would have to be permissions based or have the ability to be permissions based with the ability to be able to have a specific number of sub accounts. Hope this makes sense.
“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein
"For every action has an equal and opposite reaction". - Sir Isaac Newton
"In honor there is hope" - Alaska State Troopers

Owner & President @ =DN= Dark Nexus Multi-Gaming Clan

Return to “Extension Requests”