Sub-Accounts / Account Links / Account Switcher

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
Bruce Banner

Re: Sub-Accounts / Account Links / Account Switcher

Post by Bruce Banner »

Puchahawa wrote:Donation
Ah, ****. Guess I'll have to wait for someone else's then.
Shepskii

Post by Shepskii »

Not having this function on our forum has been a major factor in the level of user participation so I donated and can confirm that the extension works exactly as advertised.
martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 »

It is only here http://www.dmzx-web.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1932 and here http://www.martins-homelinux.net/forum/ ... f=10&t=354 and yes its vip only.

the ext has been created and works on 3.1 and 3.2 it MAY be submitted to phpbb.com in the near future.

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->
BriniaSona

Post by BriniaSona »

Sucks that it is VIP. I wonder why?
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

BriniaSona wrote:Sucks that it is VIP. I wonder why?
Good question.

It seems to me a forced way to donate, hence getting money using another site. There is nothing bad about commercial, but..

I do agree with coders offering a light version for free and with this try to motivate the user to upgrade (buying) to Pro, in this case it is up to the user to donate or not. Why should an user buy something that has been not validated (at least the light version should be IMHO)?
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
BriniaSona

Post by BriniaSona »

True, this will also make it the first time I have ever heard of a paid phpBB extension or even mod.
david63

Post by david63 »

BriniaSona wrote:True, this will also make it the first time I have ever heard of a paid phpBB extension or even mod.
There are several "paid for" extensions around and there were even more MODs
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Shepskii

Post by Shepskii »

3Di wrote:
Good question.

It seems to me a forced way to donate, hence getting money using another site. There is nothing bad about commercial, but..

I do agree with coders offering a light version for free and with this try to motivate the user to upgrade (buying) to Pro, in this case it is up to the user to donate or not. Why should an user buy something that has been not validated (at least the light version should be IMHO)?
I can understand the reluctance to put money towards something like this but in this specific case I can't really see any way of making a 'lite' version for free release - I mean it either does the advertised task or it doesn't, there really isn't any middle ground to provide a limited functionality version.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

there is nothing wrong with offering extensions/styles etc. that are commercial. the author and the buyer have to be aware that phpbb.com does not offer support for extensions/styles that do not come from here.

If you do not want to pay for something , don' t. If you want support for a paid product, you get it from the seller.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Shepskii wrote:
3Di wrote:
Good question.

I can understand the reluctance to put money towards something like this but in this specific case I can't really see any way of making a 'lite' version for free release - I mean it either does the advertised task or it doesn't, there really isn't any middle ground to provide a limited functionality version.
Everything is possible, you could as an example limit the time a bit can be used or the times.. and on and on.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 »

Not promoting any thing but as stated there are lots of paid extensions out there that will never be on phpbb.com alot of site owners dont care for validation (some do) it's a case of you want it or dont.

BriniaSona

Post by BriniaSona »

Any news on this?
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

BriniaSona wrote:Any news on this?
In what regard? :) I think the author has been pretty clear that he's made/finished this extension and it's available on his website for users that would like to pay for it.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
BriniaSona

Post by BriniaSona »

Seems the "Donation" website doesn't work. Is there another link to the product?

EDIT: Works now, but I can't find the phpbb EXT
martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 »

You cant find it due to it being in a vip forum hence the donation part that allows you in to the vip forum.

Return to “Extension Requests”