Upgrading to 3.1.4 from 3.0.14 -mods/extensions required

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
tonzodehoo

Upgrading to 3.1.4 from 3.0.14 -mods/extensions required

Post by tonzodehoo »

I am looking to upgrade from 3.1.4 from 3.0.14 and am checking out what mods are now redundant and whether there are replacement extensions to fulfil the task of the previous mods. However when I go to do a search of the extensions database I keep getting the message that the system is currently unavailable.

I've had a look look through but was wondering if the following mods have been reinvented as extensions with possibly different names or if there are extensions which serve the same purpose.
The mods in particular are: User Blog Mod; Tapatalk; Show Poll Voter Username.

I am also looking for an extension which fulfils the function of the Attendance Mod.

Does anyone have any info on any of these at all?

Hope its ok to put this topic here. Apologies if its not i the correct place.

Many thanks.
leschek

Re: Upgrading to 3.1.4 from 3.0.14 -mods/extensions required

Post by leschek »

Tapatalk - I think you can find extension on Tapatalk's website.
Show Poll Voter Username - you can try Advanced Polls Extension (though I'm not sure if it has all the features).
User Blog Mod - This one isn't converted to extension. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think author of this MOD is active here.
Attendance Mod - I don't know this one, but it seems that someone is working on hookup extension. Maybe it has similar features.
tonzodehoo

Post by tonzodehoo »

Many thanks for your response.

I shall check out tapatalk regards this. I reckon they are offering an up to date version for the latest phpBB release.

The advanced polls looks like it does what I need so that is great.

The user blog mod is one which I use and am trying to encourage users to engage with. I wasn't sure if there was such a setup already included as part f the update 3.1.4. That would have been handy.

The hookup looks promising but is maybe not yet at the stage of use. I am looking for an extension which can be used for multiple members to indicate attendance or otherwise at events preferably within each post regards the event but also if there was some way to accumulate such information into one table to get an overview of members and events attendances. Maybe I am looking for too much!

Thanks again. It helps me to think through the options as to whether to upgrade or not.
gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 »

Actually, the hookup mod is mostly functional now. I would not suggest it for a live board yet just because it hasn't been tested by anyone else yet, but except for automatic replies to the topic once a date is found and automatic resets every week everything should be operational. There might still be bugs I did not find during my tests, obviously. The readme.md on github is a bit outdated...
German Support Team Member • http://www.phpbb.deMy Extensions in the CDBMy Extensions on Github • Contact with caos is inavoidable but no catastrophy if you keep an overview.
tonzodehoo

Post by tonzodehoo »

Thanks for getting back to me.

The hookup extension looks quite close to what I was looking for. I guess it maybe needs testing in a live forum but at the stage I am at with things on the forums I have setup it may be a bit risky. Its always good the hear of anyone who may have tested it or even have gone so far as to install and run it for a bit.

On the demo page I have found that after previewing the new post I'd set up that it wouldn't save the post and seemed to not respond to any of the options to load, save or submit.

I reckon such an extension would be a great addition to phpbb forums.

I was also wondering if there is anything within version 3.1.4 that would work as a user blog? Would it be possible to add a new page and have the user blog setup in say nucleus cmd and linked to from the forum but accessible only by users of the forum?
These are two features which are holding me back from upgrading to the latest version.

Many thanks for now
gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 »

Are you talking about the hookup extension preventing new posts or something like that? Or is that a different extension you are talking about?

As I said, I would currently not test it on a live forum. But if you are testing your setup locally just give it a try.
German Support Team Member • http://www.phpbb.deMy Extensions in the CDBMy Extensions on Github • Contact with caos is inavoidable but no catastrophy if you keep an overview.

Return to “Extension Requests”