Copy posts to other forums automatically

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
scott wray

Copy posts to other forums automatically

Post by scott wray »

Hello.

I am looking for an extension that will automatically copy a thread created across multiple forums.

Example:

User submits an application to our community - phpbb creates a post on the application forum.
phpbb then automatically copies that post into a separate forum(s) making two(or more) total posts.
david63

Re: Copy posts to other forums automatically

Post by david63 »

I am confused.

Your title is to copy posts but you are asking to
scott wray wrote:copy a thread
. As phpBB does not have threads I am guessing that you mean topics.

Would all posts/topics be copied to the same forum/topic - or will some go to one forum/topic and others to another forum/topic.

When asking for an extension it helps if you can be clear as to what you want, and why you want it as sometimes there are alternative ways to achieve what you are asking for.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
scott wray

Post by scott wray »

Hello!

Thank you for the quick responds.

I am sorry - when i say thread i did mean topic!! wrong word =)

I am using an 'application' extension on my phpbb forums that automatically creates a single post with their on a single forum when the user presses submit.

I have it set up so that the topic created by the application is only visible to the poster & the leadership team.

What I am looking to do is have that post automatically copied into a second forum that is only visible to leadership group.

http://www.noviciumguild.com

(you have to register to use the functions)
Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa »

scott wray wrote:I have it set up so that the topic created by the application is only visible to the poster & the leadership team.
David, he is using this extension to accomplish that function. Not sure how to accomplish his request to auto copy the topic though.
Avatar courtesy of artist Faith Coyotë
david63

Post by david63 »

David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Return to “Extension Requests”