Extensions of @val4o0o0

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
MedCo

Extensions of @val4o0o0

Post by MedCo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:58 pm

Hello,
why the extensions of @val4o0o0 are suddenly under: Abandoned Extensions
thank you

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: Extensions of @val4o0o0

Post by DavidIQ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:10 pm

MedCo wrote:Hello,
why the extensions of @val4o0o0 are suddenly under: Abandoned Extensions
thank you
He stated, openly, that he does not wish to submit his extensions to our CDB for validation, a direct violation of our rules since the Extensions in Development forum does not exist for releasing one's extensions. If that's what he intended then he can do so on his own forum, not here.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

val4o0o0

Post by val4o0o0 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:36 pm

I'm here and can give support for my extensions :)
Even if I said this about the support, my extensions had to stay on the same place.
And if you've already seen that I do not respond on users in DEV section, then you can move them.
You have decided to act on your head.

I submit one of my extensions for validation, but the extension not validated yet.
I re-uploaded 2 working version (which passed your code guidelines), but is not approved.
Yes, after approved process - users can find some bugs, but Discussion/Support category is for that, right ?

The process for validation is so so slow... I have ~100 extensions or more. If for anyone need so much time to wait for validation... 2017 may have come already.

I think you need to hurry a little.
There is something wrong here or something working against me.
I'm the fastest coder alive.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:44 pm

val4o0o0 wrote:There is something wrong here or something working against me.
What's working against you is the fact that you posted some 50+ extensions without any apparent desire to support so many extensions nor to go through the process of receiving feedback and adjusting your code so that you can submit it for validation, which you also stated you didn't want to do.

Also if you expect a quick turnaround with validation then you're in the wrong place my friend. Validation can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks depending on how busy the queue is. You're not the only one submitting extensions and there's currently only 3 on my team that are able to care for the extensions queue. Over 100 extensions are looked at almost every month so things are certainly moving along.

VSE
Extensions Development Coordinator
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by VSE » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:46 pm

val4o0o0 wrote:The process for validation is so so slow...
I think you need to hurry a little.
There is something wrong here or something working against me.
Any extension submitted for validation has to wait in line behind all the others submitted before it. If you think the process is too slow, well, that's just a matter of the fact that our validators actually take great time and care to go through each extension, line-by-line, to verify there are no potential security vulnerabilities and other instances of poor quality coding. It takes time because we care.
Dictated but not read.
Official phpBB Extensions My Extensions & MODs
Please do not PM me for support.

val4o0o0

Post by val4o0o0 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:54 pm

Also if you expect a quick turnaround with validation then you're in the wrong place my friend. Validation can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks depending on how busy the queue is. You're not the only one submitting extensions and there's currently only 3 on my team that are able to care for the extensions queue. Over 100 extensions are looked at every month so things are certainly moving along.
Aww. Awkard. Maybe you need to hire more people to do faster work.
You have quite requirements and finally leads us to wait.

Anyway, I'll wait.
I hope that finally my extension will be approved, not deliberately rejected.
I expect everything now...
I decided to post it all my extensions here with the best intentions.
I can give support for 500 extensions if it is necessary... I have so much work behind me. I develop so much sh*t. Dozens of scripts and CMS's.
I repeat that you do not give me a chance :)

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Neither I or any of the other administrators that will be using the many extensions we host, would want us to rush through the validation process. That is how mistakes are done in code reviews and security vulnerabilities and exploits make it out in the wild. Because we have no way of knowing how complex an extension is when it hits the queue each extension will sit in line in the order it came in. And when extensions get denied it is usually because of the author's negligence and not because we just feel like denying it. ;)
val4o0o0 wrote:I repeat that you do not give me a chance :)
Again you publicly stated that you would not be submitting your extensions for validation and would support whenever you felt like it. Are you now saying that what you said was incorrect?

val4o0o0

Post by val4o0o0 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:13 pm

I do not deny what I have said and I will explain why I said that.

Because of all the nonsense with approval. I expected that would happen something like that.
You can see that I respond on every reply from users in DEV section.
I preferred there to write with users, not the other fictional section.

If someone is going to do bad - will make it one way or another.

Instead of caring about the code, first make sure that your users is ok. Because the actions against me, work against your users.
We would be cleared many bugs in my extensions in dev section, but you moved them ...
I don't talk bull*hits :)

People write to me PM's about my extensions and why they moved. Do I have to answer them?
I don't think so...
Embarrassment.

FoFa
Name: Daniel L.

Post by FoFa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:19 pm

IMO it would be nice for users you accept validation rules from here. Not agreeing with them would surely private users from some extensions they would use.

What about becoming Jr. Validator ? Would I be as expert as u'r, sure I would helping things working faster...
Formly ForumsFaciles :wink:

val4o0o0

Post by val4o0o0 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:23 pm

FoFa wrote:IMO it would be nice for users you accept validation rules from here. Not agreeing with them would surely private users from some extensions they would use.

What about becoming Jr. Validator ? Would I be as expert as u'r, sure I would helping things working faster...
I don't like to become any Validator or something like that (sh*its).

I can give you example: I create extensions (i'm bad man) and create extension which i submit for validation.
Extensions team validated my extensions. People ask me to do some modification about this extension. I make this modification, but not re-submitted the extension because I pull in him sqli or something bad which can steal anything from user and send to them in PM.
Right ? What is the validation? For beauty ?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:27 pm

val4o0o0 wrote: People write to me PM's about my extensions and why they moved. Do I have to answer them?
I don't think so...
Embarrassment.
Oh sorry to hear that. Didn't realize people were still messaging you about your abandoned extensions. They've been removed from public view now so this should no longer be a problem for you.
val4o0o0 wrote:Extensions team validated my extensions. People ask me to do some modification about this extension. I make this modification, but not re-submitted the extension because I pull in him sqli or something bad which can steal anything from user and send to them in PM.
A perfect example of why code validation is absolutely necessary. Thank you for providing that example. We take security as serious as possible and try to detect code problems that can cause security and privacy concerns for users of extensions.

I'm not quite sure what you expect to happen here. We had sent you PMs about this problem and were wanting to come to a nice resolution where you'd likely say something like "yes I was planning on submitting all of my 100+ extensions for validation, but would like feedback from users first" but you never did. You instead have gone on to say that validation is too slow and that you would support as you saw it necessary and that you somehow don't need to follow the rules we've established to avoid this problem.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:28 pm

I saw some of your code prior to the extensions getting moved (which I can't seem to find) and it needed some very serious work and was not even close to release quality. For example, I specifically remember seeing some ajax extension you posted up and the ajax file was using specific mysql database connection code which is strictly against the coding guidelines.

This forum software is capable of working with multiple database types (oracle, mySQL, postgres, etc) you coding an extension that is strictly set for mySQL operations will fail validation.

Coding quickly is one thing, coding quality code is something altogether different. Whether you like it or not is immaterial. You don't want to submit your extensions, then don't. No one is putting a gun to your head to do so.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

val4o0o0

Post by val4o0o0 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:33 pm

I'm stick with phpbb for years. I know well this forum software. 3.2, 3.3 - it will not stop me, I get paid to do such things. (like i develop some things for cms software)
My extensions is private. I posted this extensions here to fix possible bugs and to provide more quality for my users in my forum.

My example is perfect and perfectly describes that your validation section give false positive for all people here.
People's have trust easily in extension authors from this section and are willing to put what they give.

The section are fiction and is good to have only one. (DEV)
Everything is in github, and here to discuss the problems and bugs.

val4o0o0

Post by val4o0o0 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:34 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:I saw some of your code prior to the extensions getting moved (which I can't seem to find) and it needed some very serious work and was not even close to release quality. For example, I specifically remember seeing some ajax extension you posted up and the ajax file was using specific mysql database connection code which is strictly against the coding guidelines.

This forum software is capable of working with multiple database types (oracle, mySQL, postgres, etc) you coding an extension that is strictly set for mySQL operations will fail validation.

Coding quickly is one thing, coding quality code is something altogether different. Whether you like it or not is immaterial. You don't want to submit your extensions, then don't. No one is putting a gun to your head to do so.
Well that mention it, how to fix this thing? They did not give me a chance?

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:36 pm

In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “Extension Requests”