Auto post new topics from RSS feed

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
ozzii

Auto post new topics from RSS feed

Post by ozzii »

Is there a way to automatically post new topics to forum category using a rss feeds? Basically I have an rss feed on another site and I want to add new messages from the rss feed to a particular topic on phpBB.

I'm looking for something similar to the hack available for myBB

http://mods.mybb.com/view/rss-feed-poster
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Auto post new topics from RSS feed

Post by Mick »

You need an extension for that, have a search of the extensions database and, if you don't find what you need, you can make an Extension Request.

Incidentally, phpBB uses Atom feeds not RSS and there are no 'hacks' either, you should use official extensions.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
CentaurAtlas

Re: Auto post new topics from RSS feed

Post by CentaurAtlas »

edit: the one in the link below is working nicely with 3.1.9 for me, if anyone else finds this topic.

----
OP, did you ever find something for this?

I am looking at the one mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?p=14360151#p14360151

Anyway, I too am looking for a mod to take an rss feed and post new items to one section on one of my forums. (This way I can post one place - e.g. twitter - and then have it auto post to a new topic in one section of my forum. Since I already have code that creates the RSS feed, it would be nice if there was a mod to take that rss feed and auto-post it.)

Return to “Extension Requests”