Schedule topics

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
martinlu
Name: Martin L

Re: Schedule topics

Post by martinlu » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Thank you for your feedback 3Di/Marco :) , much appreciated. It's all about learning from each other and putting some kind of effort into it, showing that we are willing to so something to get something back. Hope this makes sense.

I think for the time being I just have to sit back and digest all this and learn more (which I love doing).

John_Miller

Re: Schedule topics

Post by John_Miller » Wed May 08, 2019 6:01 pm

Apologies for reviving a 2 year old topic, but I've kind of ran into an impasse.

I'm more than confused with "mods" and the likes. So this is a dead end for me. In fact, can't this all be simplified? By that I mean the following:
  • Let's assume I have one sub-forum, hidden from all other users
  • this sub-forum is something I use to prepare topics, discussions, announcements, etc
  • once that topic is prepared and properly layouted, I move it manually to it's appropriate place, no shadow copy, no closing
Is there, or can there be, an add-on that can "schedule" moving certain posts from one place to another? Without hacks?

This is a feature/tool that would currently help me a ton. I didn't find anything in the database, neither on the German phpBB forum. So if there is something like that already existing, and it works with the most recent versions of phpBB without being a code expert, please let me know.

Return to “Extension Requests”