Facebook login

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
yaooke

Facebook login

Post by yaooke » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Is there any extension that allows guests to login & create an account with their Facebook account on your forum with a simple few clicks ? Anyone else interested in this?

Here's an example (mod) viewtopic.php?t=1883675

yaooke

Re: Facebook login

Post by yaooke » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:08 pm

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/oa_social_login/
Another mod with what I mean.

No one else interested in this?
Seems like an incredibly successful and easy way to get more members on your forum. I get lots of facebook traffic and if they could register with a single click... 8-)

ngaia

Post by ngaia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:18 am

i tried this login it works fine in desktop, but in mobile redirecting url never comes up, is there any other facebook login extension??

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:29 pm

phpBB 3.1 already supports Facebook (and Google) login in the core.

On the General tab of the ACP, click the Authentication link on the left, then select OAuth in the drop-down list and fill out the form for the services that you want to support.

Thanks
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

GoBieN

Post by GoBieN » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:15 pm

But does it support simultaneous facebook and native logins?

Elias

Post by Elias » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:26 pm

GoBieN wrote:But does it support simultaneous facebook and native logins?
Yes, i am pretty sure it does.

Give it a try, you got nothing to lose!
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong

jedex

Post by jedex » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:53 pm

I'm interested in this but can i ask...

why does it need my my key and secret? surely its their facebook details thats needed not mine? or am i looking at the wrong thing?

I am looking for something so that people can log into my forum using their own facebook accounts

GoBieN

Post by GoBieN » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:06 pm

You probably need to create a facebook APP and use that ID.

Elias

Post by Elias » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:46 pm

jedex wrote: why does it need my my key and secret? surely its their facebook details thats needed not mine? or am i looking at the wrong thing?
As GoBien already pointed out, you will need to create a facebook APP and use the info it gives you.
OAuth Authentication
  • OAuth requires a key and a secret. These are provided to you from the OAuth provider. Each provider may have a different name for the key and secret
  • BITLY: Your token information can be found here: https://bitly.com/a/oauth_apps. Your key is the Client ID and your secret is the Client Secret.
  • FACEBOOK: You will need to create an application on Facebook to obtain your token information. The App ID is your key and the App Secret is your secret.
  • GOOGLE: Visit the Google Developers Console to create a new OAuth Client ID. You can find it on the left side under "APIs and auth --> Credentials". Your Client ID will serve as the key and your Client Secret will serve as the secret. Additionally, you will need to create a "Consent screen" in the Developers Console as well. Specify the following REQUEST URIS when you set up your client ID on the Google Developers Console:
    • http://{your_board_URL}/ucp.php?mode=login&login=external&oauth_service=google
    • http://{your_board_URL}/ucp.php?i=ucp_auth_link&mode=auth_link&link=1&oauth_service=google
    The link ID may be different from your board. If it is, you will receive an error when attempting to link an account. Change the "1" to the number found in the request URI error that Google gives you.
Taken from the User Guide.

If you have any other questions regarding this phpBB feature, ask in the Supports forum for help!

Thanks

Return to “Extension Requests”