Pin Board/Wall?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
Holger

Pin Board/Wall?

Post by Holger »

I found this:
http://chenschool.elementfx.com/phpBB3/pinboard.php
Is this available as Mod/Ext?

Best regards
Holger
Holger

Re: Pin Board/Wall?

Post by Holger »

david63

Post by david63 »

Why re-invent the wheel? Facebook is already out there and that is what it was originally designed to be/do
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Holger

Post by Holger »

But I dont want to use that crap.
Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak »

wow that's pretty dope feature :o
david63

Post by david63 »

Holger wrote:But I dont want to use that crap.
I can't disagree with that sentiment
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
PiperB

Post by PiperB »

Holger wrote: Fri May 27, 2016 9:48 am Found the Mod version here:
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2172994&hilit=pin+board
Yes, but the download link on that page is completely dead and not even available in the wayback machine, or any other archive for that matter.

Looks like the only way to retrieve it is by asking someone who may have downloaded it to please share it with us. Like the mod author (maxrpg), or Jessica (owner of the board linked in first post of this thread) since she seems to have successfully installed it on her board and got it working.

I too would like to have this mod, old or not, something can be done with it. Anyone else out there have the files for this mod? :)
<!-- IF U_LOVE_NOTEPAD++ -->
[td class=statement]I Notepad++ ![/td]
<!-- ENDNEVER --> <!-- tee hee --> :P
Whoa ooo whoa ooo whoa I'm a Lady!
Theriddler1
Name: Theriddler❶

Post by Theriddler1 »

These are the files from the original mod for pinboard.

The mod instructions are not included as i scattered the files from a backup i had left.

Hope it's enough.

The link to the file will be deleted after 30 days from this day.

https://ufile.io/4g0k8
Theriddler - Former Moderator @ phpBB.nl | phpBBservice.nl Team-member
Image My Extensions | buy me a beer Image
PiperB

Post by PiperB »

I clicked the link but the only thing that happened was it scanned my browser data and then took me to their home page and told me I can sign up to upload. There is no file download happening.

Thank you for being willing to share what files you do have for this mod. :)

Hopefully someone still has the instructions as well. *Fingers crossed*.
Theriddler1
Name: Theriddler❶

Post by Theriddler1 »

PiperB wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:20 pm I clicked the link but the only thing that happened was it scanned my browser data and then took me to their home page and told me I can sign up to upload. There is no file download happening.

Thank you for being willing to share what files you do have for this mod. :)

Hopefully someone still has the instructions as well. *Fingers crossed*.
Let's try that again

pinboard.zip
Theriddler - Former Moderator @ phpBB.nl | phpBBservice.nl Team-member
Image My Extensions | buy me a beer Image
PiperB

Post by PiperB »

Still no download, just a bunch of ad pages popping up. All of the download links on the page, (there are several download buttons on one page which say download), are all popping up ad pages only, and nothing else happens. Even the link that says "click here if your download doesn't start automatically" is bringing up several ad pages at a time. Still no download. :(

Edit:
Closed the page, clicked the link again in another window, and finally was able to download it. The orange button that says "download now" is the one that worked for me this time. Last time I clicked that one I just got the ad pages, did it twice in fact, lol. All of the others definitely lead to more pop up ad pages. So I'm guessing 3rd times a charm for the orange button.

Hope someone has the instructions, lol. Maybe it will be easy to figure out.
kimbo123

Post by kimbo123 »

PiperB

Post by PiperB »

kimbo123 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:20 pm Direct download

http://www.codenstuff.com/cnssoftware/p ... -board.zip
Thank you very much! You're awesome! :)

Edit:
I haven't visited pinterest in a while, went today and realize this mod is even more like it now in the way that pinterest has removed the like it button. Was considering adding that to this mod, lol. Their "Pin it" button now says "Save" instead. The button I added says "Pin it" LOL, not going to change that, but you will be able to via the new language file. If you want your's to say "Save" instead of "Pin it" lol.

Anyhow, I'm adding improvements to the mod version, fixed a few things, created a language file, header link (using template variable and language include inside of the includes/functions.php) and subsilver2 edits as well as new templates for that. Hopefully this will help whoever decides to port it to at least have the templates, and other things. Oh yeah, and I migrated quite a bit of the css from the root php file of this mod over to the actual css as classes. I also took the error message out of the html and added a true error trigger the way it's supposed to be in the php for when users are not logged in, there is a check and also a check and redirect for bots, it redirects them to the index page.

I was considering splitting the html for the submit form and the actual images into 2 separate html files, but instead what I did was add javascript and a button, so that you can click the button to either show or hide the form, lol. Makes it much cleaner looking for the image page, and even more like pinterest. On X-treme purple it looks like "The Dark Side of Pinterest" LOL.

LOL Trying to clean it up a little to hopefully make it better and save some time for whoever decides to port it, if they do that is, lol.

Edit again:
All done, Works fabulous. Added a tooltip which shows upon hover when the user goes to click the "pin it" button to expand the form open. The tooltip auto fades out after 5 seconds, I css'ed the animation in. New install file included.

Here is the completed mod.
http://bit.ly/2gmFrfr

Hopefully someone will port this for you guys.
fliper4o

Post by fliper4o »

Does it works on 3.2.1 ? How to install it?
thanks
PiperB

Post by PiperB »

fliper4o wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:31 pm Does it works on 3.2.1 ? How to install it?
thanks
I would say most likely will not work with 3.2.1, because it's a mod. It needs to be ported. I am unfamiliar with the file system of the newer versions of phpbb, so I just have to go with my best hunch. If I had a chance to peek into the file system and see more of what it entails I'd be able to give a more definitive answer.

Someone else familiar with the newer versions of phpbb would be able to confirm that even better. :)

Return to “Extension Requests”