Anniversary List

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
Lightfeather

Anniversary List

Post by Lightfeather » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:25 pm

I would love it if someone could convert this into an extension and possibly add the ability to send out a customizeable email to those users who are celebrating a board anniversary.

viewtopic.php?t=1677295

I probably shouldn't have, but I installed the old code on my 3.1.9 board. I don't know if it's causing any problems. I haven't run into any yet, however it seems to be stuck. Users who had their ten year board anniversary yesterday are still enjoying the notoriety today as their names are still on display. I'm not sure if it's broken or if I just screwed it up by clearing the cache too many times since I was messing with styles too. I tried to contact the guy I had originally contracted to write the mod years ago but I can't seem to find him.
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

Theriddler1
Name: Theriddler❶

Re: Anniversary List

Post by Theriddler1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:33 pm

maybe this is what your looking for ? https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ualstars31
Theriddler - Moderator @ phpBB.nl | phpBBservice.nl Team-member
ImageSupport Tools | Image My Extensions | buy me a beer Image

Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Unfortunately no. =( That mod displays little graphic stars under the user join date, 1 for every year the user has been on the forum. What I'm looking for is something that functions similarly to the Birthday mod and will congratulate the user at the bottom of the index page (under the birthday section) on their board join date anniversary.

nedka
Name: Khoa Nguyen

Post by nedka » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:29 am

Hi Lightfeather, I made an extension for you, with the function to send notification/email to users. Check below screenshots and get it from here: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2386996 Tell me if you have any requests. Have a nice day :D

VinaBB - Republic of phpBB

Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:36 am

This is... so amazing. I'm so happy I could burst!

Thank you SO much for this. I appreciate it with the force of a thousand exploding suns! The anniversary mod has been a part of my forum for so long I was worried the code was going to become unstable and I don't have the knowledge to update it.

<3<3<3 Installing it asap! :D :D :D

Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:54 am

I have it all installed and I think it's working! It's not displaying anything right now as no one has an anniversary today (which is the way I like it!). The next anniversary will be on Sep 20th so I'll watch to see if it triggers. I'm sure it's working fine going by the screenshots. =)

nedka

Post by nedka » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:28 am

You can test it faster by changing the server time :D The cache list will be reset each 00:00 on new day, with the default board timezone. It also ignores banned users. If you see the option "Membership anniversary day" in Notifications -> Settings, then this extensions is working.

3Di
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:13 am

Lightfeather wrote:I have it all installed and I think it's working! It's not displaying anything right now as no one has an anniversary today (which is the way I like it!). The next anniversary will be on Sep 20th so I'll watch to see if it triggers. I'm sure it's working fine going by the screenshots. =)
If you want to try it now just install this extension of mine
http://3di.space/32/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4 (Online Since)
and get to the ACP, set the board's startdate as you wish, purge the cache and see.

Once you got satisfied you can chose to a) un-install my extension in order to get back to the original board's startdate automatically b) keep it and change again the board's startdate or reset it to the origins.

All of this doable in ACP.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user

Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Thanks! I couldn't change my server date/time because I have shared hosting and I don't have access to do that, but it triggered correctly! The only thing I'd like to change is where it appears. It currently appears under the 24 hour "who's been here" mod but I'd like that to be at the bottom and have the Anniversary show up directly below the Birthday section. I'm sure there's an easy switch to do that. Probably here? I'm still figuring it all out.

Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:26 pm

Changing the file name of the html file in happyanniversary/styles/all/template/event to index_body_block_birthday_append put the anniversary section right where I wanted it! Unfortunately I had edited the birthday code so that it would not display itself if there was no birthdays. So if there is no birthday and a user has a board anniversary nothing will show up. If I leave it like this the only time anniversaries will display is if there is a birthday that day.

This is what I edited in in index.php to force the birthday section to hide if there are no birthdays.

Code: Select all

'S_DISPLAY_BIRTHDAY_LIST'	=> ($config['load_birthdays']) ? true : false,
to this

'S_DISPLAY_BIRTHDAY_LIST'	=> (!empty($birthday_list) && $config['load_birthdays']) ? true : false,
I wonder if there's a way to alter this so that it will hide birthdays if there is no birthday BUT show anniversaries if there is an anniversary.

nedka

Post by nedka » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:25 am

Unfortunately, we can not control the display order of extensions which use the same template event, but we always have tricks to kick-ass them. Create a new html file in happyanniversary/styles/all/template/event/overall_footer_body_after.html with the following code:

<script>
	$(document).ready(
		function()
		{
			var copyHTML = $('.stat-block.birthday-list').clone();
			$('.stat-block.birthday-list').remove();
			copyHTML.appendTo('.stat-block.online-list');
		}
	);
</script>
Refresh cache, and now the display order will be: WHO IS ONLINE > BIRTHDAYS > HAPPY ANNIVERSARY > STATISTICS > ACTIVITY OVER THE LAST 24 HOURS :D

Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:47 am

Yessss! It worked! =D Thank you so much!

3Di
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:49 am

nedka wrote:Unfortunately, we can not control the display order of extensions which use the same template event
Erm,
viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2385311
:)
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user

nedka

Post by nedka » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:10 am

3Di wrote:
nedka wrote:Unfortunately, we can not control the display order of extensions which use the same template event
Erm,
viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2385311
:)
Hi 3Di, thanks for your link, I will test it :D

@Lightfeather: I think I just have found your forum on Google and see the "Grogversaries" :D I am pressing the refresh button to see all random quotes :D Have fun with phpBB!

Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Haha! Yeah, that's me. You found my poor old forum. I let it lie fallow for so long it finally broke and became unusable. Between the defunct phpbb code that I failed to upkeep and the updates my web host made to mysql, no one was able to log in any more.

Going through the process of revamping and renewing it. I have a few old diehard members who will be happy to see it in service again, but I'm sure it'll mostly just be a hobby for myself now.

Return to “Extension Requests”