Dice Roller

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: Dice Roller

Post by 3Di »

zorni wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:39 am Could you test again pls? I changed a setting
Now it works. Danke.

Btw, being myself an insider of dicemod 0.8.8b (the old MOD) having fixed a lot of bugs and implemented new features in our 3.1 version (isn't available due to custom agreement sorry, the customer paid a lot for that).

What are the issues, comparing your 3.2 version to the old MOD, you feel should be fixed/implemented?

Having my 3.2 version (which will be public) already on my wallet I think I can save a lot ot time to Ger, no need to re-invent the wheel. Ofcourse (@Ger) if you wish to participate I could provide you access to a private github repo till the version is ready for the crowd.

Let's discuss..
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
zorni

Post by zorni »

It has all the basic features, which meets our needs.

Of course there are things, which would be great. may use mt_rand instead rand. Or a additional character option, where players can save the char and use it for rolling dice. I've seen that you are german (?), we could have a chat in our language if you'd like to - would be easier to discuss, whats possible and what's not :)
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

I will check your 3.2 version and I will see myself if the most important fixes/additions have been implemented there and what not. ;)

I am an Italian Man who lives in Germany, often in Italy though about family's duties.
No need to have a private chat, isn't a custom job. Feel free to discuss here for the sake of the topic itself.
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Ger

Post by Ger »

3Di wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:49 am Having my 3.2 version (which will be public) already on my wallet I think I can save a lot ot time to Ger, no need to re-invent the wheel. Ofcourse (@Ger) if you wish to participate I could provide you access to a private github repo till the version is ready for the crowd.

Let's discuss..
Well, in that case I'll just leave it in your capable hands. :)
I was under the impression that a dice roller just wasn't available for 3.2 whilst there was quite some demand for it (even preventing many RPG boards from updating). It seems like a nice project so I thought I'd step up.
If there is a working version as linked to by Zorni and you also have one in the making, that would be sufficient. I have enough projects to work on, so I guess I'll leave this one to you. :)
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
RiTz21

Post by RiTz21 »

I am not asking for an ETA but I just hope this is still not 'months away' as I'd like to my users to be able to get back to their regular gaming...
3Di wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:17 pm We already ported Dicemod to 3.1.x, has been a private job though.
This version also doesn't work on 3.2.

We are working on making a major/total code rewrite for 3.2, which will be publicly available though.
Please don't ask for an ETA, we are speaking about months. :geek:
Ger

Post by Ger »

Have you looked at the download Zorni provided?
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.

3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Ger wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:07 pm Have you looked at the download Zorni provided?
;)
RiTz21 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:02 pm I am not asking for an ETA but I just hope this is still not 'months away' as I'd like to my users to be able to get back to their regular gaming...
The extension (based on the old crap, because it was a crap believe me) took us months in order to create a decent 3.1 extension which follows the coding guidelines and all the rest, without leaving any single bit to an unknown status. Still we are not satisfied so it will be ready just when it is ready, accordingly to my own long ToDos, me too I got something like 15 extensions (plus custom ones which have absolute priority) to take care of. :geek:

Thanks.
RiTz21

Post by RiTz21 »

Ger wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:07 pm Have you looked at the download Zorni provided?
Yes I did before posting my comment - it is very basic, and uses 'w' for dice (from the German dice word one would guess).

I want the version you'll be creating Ger, cause it will be awesome! LOL :P :P :P :P

RiTz21
zorni

Post by zorni »

You can switch that letter in the lang/en/common.php
Ger

Post by Ger »

RiTz21 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:54 pm I want the version you'll be creating Ger, cause it will be awesome! LOL :P :P :P :P
Well, like I said, if there are already 2 options (1 available for download and 1 under construction) I won't be creating a third.
My extensions:

koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Hi,
I'm using the fancy dice roller for 3.1. (here - https://github.com/hanelyp/fancydice) Will it be possible to export dice rolls to another extension?
In any case, good to see at least a basic dice roller is available, I will check it when I have some time.

Cheers,
Daniel
derektye05

Post by derektye05 »

zorni wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:04 am So I talked with my team and we will provide a public download. So everybody can do whatever he/she want's with it.

Here you go. http://www.dsaforum.de/app.php/dlext/?v ... &df_id=220

Have fun!
I get an error when attempting to install this extension.
The selected extension has an invalid directory structure and cannot be enabled.
Any ideas?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

derektye05 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:41 amAny ideas?
Please note all extensions are supported by their authors whether obtained from here or a third party.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
zorni

Post by zorni »

derektye05 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:41 am
zorni wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:04 am So I talked with my team and we will provide a public download. So everybody can do whatever he/she want's with it.

Here you go. http://www.dsaforum.de/app.php/dlext/?v ... &df_id=220

Have fun!
I get an error when attempting to install this extension.
The selected extension has an invalid directory structure and cannot be enabled.
Any ideas?
Check your folder structure, it should be like ../ext/oxpus/dice
zorni

Post by zorni »

As written in the description of the download source:
Make sure to enable the dice game PER FORUM! Without enabling it on a forumbase, you won't be able to use them.
:)

Return to “Extension Requests”