Dice Roller

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
koraldon

Re: Dice Roller

Post by koraldon »

I have downloaded it recently and it works with 3.2.
Only issue I have found that it doesn't seem with quick reply when the Quickreply Reloaded extension is enabled :(
zorni

Post by zorni »

Try this with 3.2.2 and QR Reloaded: https://dsaforum.de/viewtopic.php?p=1766238#p1766238
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Thanks,
Working with 3.2.3rc1 and that's the only bug I found.
There were some quirks at the beginning, but after some cache cleaning it works.
But during installation, the bbcode itself didn't install, even after I removed and installed again. I had to copy it manually from a fresh test board.

p.s. I think it is a great extension and you should submit it to the DB so everybody can find it easily.
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Hi,
Quick reply reloaded still get "invalid dice code" when trying to roll dice... Just to make sure, the download file you provided is still the same version 1.0.0?
Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos »

Hi,

the extension works just fine, I would like to NOT show the bbcode buttons in the quick reply editor (the extensions adds them automatically), without having to remove them from the complete editor as well.

I use the standard built-in quick reply.

Thanks in advance.
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Hi,
There seems to be a conflict between this extension and the simple mentions extension :(
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

1) The conflict with simple mentions was due to Quick Reply Reloaded
2) The following fix corrected the dice sending with QRR - please advise if it looks okay?
Changes to main_listener.php
line 37, change to
'core.submit_post_end' => 'check_and_role_dices',
line 770, change to
$this->forum_id = $data['forum_id'];
Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos »

Lord Phobos wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:23 am Hi,

the extension works just fine, I would like to NOT show the bbcode buttons in the quick reply editor (the extensions adds them automatically), without having to remove them from the complete editor as well.

I use the standard built-in quick reply.

Thanks in advance.
Plz?
zorni

Post by zorni »

ACP -> Posting -> BBcodes -> Dice -> Edit -> Disable -> Display on posting page
Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos »

But I would like to have it displayed on posting box, not in the quick reply.
At the moment, it is the only bbcode appearing in quick reply box.

But even other bbcodes are flagged to appear in posting page.
Dice is the only one showing up on quick reply.
Coryu

Post by Coryu »

Good,

I am trying to install the extension of this page https://dsaforum.de/viewtopic.php?p=1766238#p1766238

But when I go to the forum extensions it does not appear to Enable it. Has anyone happened to you?
zorni

Post by zorni »

I think it's the folder structure, which should be ext\oxpus\dice
Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos »

zorni wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:57 pm I think it's the folder structure, which should be ext\oxpus\dice
Confirm.

Do you plz have an answer to my question?
zorni

Post by zorni »

Not really, I'm not a dev, and as it's written at the DL source, there's no support for this ext, that's why it isn't in the 'exts in development' subforum. We just needed that mod for our forum, and I paid a developer, to merge the old ext to 3.2

What I remember is, that at the beginning there was no way to include that dice button the the QR. So the developer changed it, but it still wasn't visible, if you use QR reloaded, which we're using, cause its much better than the bundled QR. So he made some changes, till it worked as we requested it.

May Ger or 3di can take a look into it, if we're lucky :)
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

zorni wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:17 am May Ger or 3Di can take a look into it, if we're lucky :)
The problem is the version I ported for 3.1 (100%) (which works also for 3.2 but 90%)
- ( see here https://ascraeus.phpbbstudio.com/index.php)
is working quite well, added a lot of features, for moderators and reports etc.., and what not.
Despite what the old MOD offered, a ton of bugs fixed as well.
Now it needs a conversion in some points of the code to the new BBcode engine (3.2), which is not a a job of 5 minutes, moreover I am burried under a pile of code ATM as you can see.

I did read the code of your 3.2 version but honestly, it doesn't obey to the new standards too, it "works" but is far away from being what it should be - code-wise speaking (will not pass the validation for sure).

I haven't found something in there which could have helped me into the conversion of mine as a matter of fact, therefore my project hangs for the moment a bit more. The new bbcode engine is a lot different and I should have the time to focus on it.

Unfortunately the old sponsor gave up on this due to its move to another forum software, therefore the priority lowered down to the last grade.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Return to “Extension Requests”