Dice Roller

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: Dice Roller

Post by 3Di »

We are currently working at the Dice reloaded v2.0 version for phpBB 3.2.x.

It is written from the scratch, therefore --> no remains of the war inside. :geek: :P

Please all of those contacted me, feel free to apply via PM for a future and private guinea pigs's session of tests on a live test-bed.

Thanks.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
qaq

Post by qaq »

zorni wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:04 am So I talked with my team and we will provide a public download. So everybody can do whatever he/she want's with it.

Here you go. http://www.dsaforum.de/app.php/dlext/?v ... &df_id=220

Have fun!

i try but just get 「Invalid dice code!」
when i input
[dice]1d6[/dice]
[dice]1w6[/dice]
zorni

Post by zorni »

Make sure to enable the dice game PER FORUM! Without enabling it on a forumbase, you won't be able to use them
ACP -> Forums -> Manage Forums -> Choose the specific Forum -> Klick the green gearwheel to edit the concerned forum -> Scroll to the bottom of the options page, than enable the dice.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

We set up a Dice Roll Tester Page here: https://rhea.phpbbstudio.com/dice
In order to test notations with the brand new engine. :)
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

Looks awesome!
I assume that there will not be a way to convert the existing extension? (Meaning all existing rolls will be lost)
zorni

Post by zorni »

3Di wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:01 am We set up a Dice Roll Tester Page here: https://rhea.phpbbstudio.com/dice
In order to test notations with the brand new engine. :)
Nice, could you send me the code for testings? I'd translate it to german as well of course. If this is better than "my" we may replace it - 1 working roller should be enough :)
Last edited by zorni on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

koraldon wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:41 am I assume that there will not be a way to convert the existing extension? (Meaning all existing rolls will be lost)
I checked the DBs of the 3.0/3.1 version and also the 3.2 version of zorni. Yes it is potentially possible to create a custom reparser but I would suggest to leave things as they are, disable the "Dice" BBcodes on posting or close the forums where the old version is installed, leaving it active so that the dice are always visible. The two extensions can also work together but I do not think this is the case, since ours does not use BBcodes, it uses a completely different technology.
zorni wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:30 pm Nice, could you send me the code for testings? I'd translate it to german as well of course. If this is besser than "mein" we may replace it - 1 working roller should be enough :)
The code can not be public up to a certain point.
What we are looking for is a group of seasoned players who want to test the product live to improve it if necessary. On a side note, determining which one is the best is easy, try to use all the ways of rolling dice, the same as the test page, on your version. You will soon realize that only 2 or maybe 3 work, the basics. ;)

All of the features of phpBB like move/delete/merge/copy/split/prune of forums/topics are implemented, also in cases such delete/prune users and what not, BTW.

Still to be implemented quote/post review and some thing more like MCP but hey.. planned.

Feel free to apply via PM (username and PW of choice pls) for a session of tests on the live board, if you like.

Thanks. :)
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Return to “Extension Requests”