Validation of username against external file when registering

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
phil_h
Name: phil harris

Validation of username against external file when registering

Post by phil_h »

The UK Vintage Motorcycle Club (VMCC) needs a small extension to validate a user's name and membership number for a new forum for their members, with some content restricted to members only.

Outline details, which can be discussed to ensure a fast and robust job is possible:
MUST
During registration users must enter their name as in their membership details, and their membership number. This then must be validated against the membership list. If a match is found then they must be added to the 'vmcc members' group.
COULD
(Their username could be automatically generated as first.last but that must account for people with the same name.)
MUST
Every week or month the membership list must be checked and expired membership should result in the user being removed from the 'vmcc members' group.

Please contact me if you think you can help, as we are having great difficulty finding anyone with the right experience to help !
regards
phil harris
phil_h

Re: Validation of username against external file when registering

Post by phil_h »

I should add that I can provide significant support/help as I am a retired software developer, but with no experience of adding code to forums ! (I'm also trying to stay retired ;) )
phil_h

Re: Validation of username against external file when registering

Post by phil_h »

Does anyone know of something that might be adapted to do this job ?
All ideas and suggestions will be gratefully received !

Return to “Extension Requests”