Codebox Plus

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
junosapien

Codebox Plus

Post by junosapien »

Syntax highlighter stopped working quite some time ago. CodeBox Plus was a good replacement, But with the latest upgrade it no longer works! I need an extension that will highlight the syntax of various programming languages and keep the formatting of code (just using BBCode strips out any indentation which is very annoying.) I so hope somebody is working on a syntax highlighting extension!
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Re: Codebox Plus

Post by Kailey »

Not exactly the codebox plus you're looking for, but https://github.com/s9e/phpbb-ext-highlighter adds highlighting back.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
junosapien

Post by junosapien »

Thanks for the link. It's better than nothing, I guess. An extension that uses GeSHi would be better. I need something that knows how to highlight Windows PowerShell and VBScript.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Pastebin uses Geshi, there is an extension in dev for Pastebin (I authored many years ago as well, now it is under another developer) and a bbcode https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbco ... bin_embed/ but you need to pastebin your code first.

I am not aware of a Code BBcode box replacement which uses Geshi ATm.
That would be interesting, I will see what I can do once I got some sparetime.
I need it as well, that's why. :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

I'm only getting to this now, but there is a branch of Codebox Plus that works with the current 3.2.1:

https://github.com/o0johntam0o/phpBB-Ex ... e/phpbb3.2

Hope that helps!
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

The only thing that's not working in 3.2 is the download function. If anyone would share an idea on how to get around that, or an inkling on how that behaviour would have changed between 3.1 and 3.2, I would be ever so grateful :)
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

junosapien wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:22 pm Thanks for the link. It's better than nothing, I guess. An extension that uses GeSHi would be better. I need something that knows how to highlight Windows PowerShell and VBScript.
I got it to work - including the download function - with some help from the original developer. PM me if you still need it, I'd be happy to help :)
sfzeller

Post by sfzeller »

Hi all,

sorry I'm new to phpBB, but I have installed both extensions described in this thread, both are enabled, and yet when I try to post code (.c, for example) there is no syntax highlighting at all. What - presumably very basic - am I missing? Thanks in advance for your time!
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Since you're new to phpBB, how are you posting your code?

Are you using the [Codebox=] tags?

The other extension should work with the usual [code] tags.

Also check if syntax highlighting is turned on in the Codebox Plus settings - you'll find those in ACP/extensions (last tab in ACP)

Hth
sfzeller

Post by sfzeller »

Thanks for your reply. I have used the [code] tags, and in ACP I find Extensions only under the Customize tab (3rd from last, I use version 3.2.1), but there is no other option than enable/disable, no specific settings for Codebox Plus. And I am not familiar at all with [Codebox=] tags. Again, I apologize for my ignorance, but I need to get this done for my employer, who wants to host his own forum with this specific requirement.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

The syntax highlighter extension I linked to works. See this topic -> https://dev.project-w.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6

The post literally contains only this text - [code]print 'Hello World!';[/code]
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Also, if you're setting this up for someone else I'd definitely go with Kinerity's linked extension rather than Codebox Plus.

The former is super simple and straightforward to figure out should anything go awry, and it doesn't change anything to how you would post code compared with a standard phpBB install - it just post-highlights what's already there.

The latter is great when you get it to work and has neat features, but is not maintained or actively supported.
sfzeller

Post by sfzeller »

Thank you, all. The highlighter works great!
odf

Post by odf »

Can anyone explain to me how to add up a download feature in the Codebox Plus extension for phpBB 3.2?

I also noticed that in phpBB 3.2, the Codebox Plus forces to skip one line between each two adjacent lines of code creating unnecessary white spaces in the code, does anyone know how to fix this problem as well?

Regards,

odf

White spaces problem solved.
TJK
Name: Tolaso J Kos

Post by TJK »

odf wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:01 am

I also noticed that in phpBB 3.2, the Codebox Plus forces to skip one line between each two adjacent lines of code creating unnecessary white spaces in the code, does anyone know how to fix this problem as well?
How did you solve this problem?
Hire me for your update/upgrade forum inquiries or your forum tasks (installation , set up , etc)
Have I been of any help today? Buy me a beer.

Return to “Extension Requests”