3.2.x Arcade Extension

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
Toxyy

Re: 3.2.x Official Arcade Extension

Post by Toxyy »

KevC wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:26 am With flash games rapidly disappearing I think you'll be out of luck with that.
While true, html5 games replace them nowadays and emulators could suffice.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: 3.2.x Arcade Extension

Post by 3Di »

You can play for free at Space Invaders (Jquery) see my sig. :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Donate €20 and the ads are gone. I have a few payed extensions on my forum. If they are good, and I need them, then why not... Also don't forget that the arcade ext is very large and hard to code. Takes very very long time to create and update such extensions.
NevesProjects

Post by NevesProjects »

</Solidjeuh> wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:03 pm Donate €20 and the ads are gone. I have a few payed extensions on my forum. If they are good, and I need them, then why not... Also don't forget that the arcade ext is very large and hard to code. Takes very very long time to create and update such extensions.
I would rather do without an arcade then donate to Killbill.
The arcade is totally controlled by him, he can ban any site from using it at anytime, who knows he might have a bad day and just ban any site that has donated from using it :roll:

Anyway this discussion is over, for me anyway
Visit http://nevesprojects.com/ for all HTML5 Game Downloads
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

</Solidjeuh> wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:03 pm Also don't forget that the arcade ext is very large and hard to code. Takes very very long time to create and update such extensions.
It's a port of the original arcade mod yea he gave credit to jrsweets and never said he did it alone, but he sure did take over and probably the hardest work was adding more bloat and ext conversion.
NevesProjects

Re: 3.2.x Official Arcade Extension

Post by NevesProjects »

Toxyy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:57 pm
KevC wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:26 am With flash games rapidly disappearing I think you'll be out of luck with that.
While true, html5 games replace them nowadays and emulators could suffice.
It would be nice if emulators came out as an arcade for a website, I have every rom game you can think of and I still play the old NES mario on my computer.
I'm not sure but copywrite of the games might be a problem
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

Ozo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:32 pm It's a port of the original arcade mod yea he gave credit to jrsweets and never said he did it alone, but he sure did take over and probably the hardest work was adding more bloat and ext conversion.
You can not really believe that. Seriously? If it were that easy, why is there not a single extension here in this database? Because there is an infinite amount of work in it. And a lot of support. And not just once, but for every update. And for version advancements of phpBB or PHP, and legal changes.

But feel free to take Jeff Russo Arcade 0.8 (the last version), convert it, place it in the CDB and maintain it. It's easy, you say. I'm ready to test if your version can stand comparison to KillBill's Arcade.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

I just cleaned this topic of all the off-topic comments about banning, taking money, etc. Please stay on topic about the request itself. Thanks! ;)
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
NevesProjects

Post by NevesProjects »

kinerity wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:37 pm I just cleaned this topic of all the off-topic comments about banning, taking money, etc. Please stay on topic about the request itself. Thanks! ;)
Thanks kinerity and sorry, no disrespect to the phpbb community, this arcade works very well, all I was trying to say was why not sell the arcade ext. to those that want it instead of having control over sites that would like to use it.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

well, that choice is left up to the creator. that is one of the good things about open source. the creators can share it freely, charge for or bury it in the backyard. just up to them and there is no right or wrong about it.

for instance, you could take phpbb and sell it to someone if you could find someone to buy it. legally, all you have to do is give them the code and allow them to sell it or give it away etc. that is GPL .
the only thing you can't do is claim the copyright on it.
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Scanialady wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:13 pm
Ozo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:32 pm It's a port of the original arcade mod yea he gave credit to jrsweets and never said he did it alone, but he sure did take over and probably the hardest work was adding more bloat and ext conversion.
You can not really believe that. Seriously? If it were that easy, why is there not a single extension here in this database? Because there is an infinite amount of work in it.
Because...Scanialady... every-single-time there is an arcade request, we talk about the same stupid topic and same arcade author and and his strange obsessions and here we go in circles, again.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

The question has been asked and answered. Locked

Return to “Extension Requests”