Extension for Google Translate...

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
«THÖMÅS®©»

Extension for Google Translate...

Post by «THÖMÅS®©» » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 pm

First, I am aware that there is an extension out there but not for 3.2x.... However...

Is someone prepared to adopt Google Translate so that users can select the language they use most from thier profiles in the same way that language packs are currently? I say this because I was told that the language packs only translate the board text and not the text contained in posts. Plus, the current language packs do not work on 3.2 at this stage, and I thought that this would be a better option all round.

The idea is that users can select the language that they use from thier profiles and it translates (via Google Translate) the entire board including posts in to the language the user selected. This sould also replace the language packs as well at the same time.
“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein
"For every action has is an equal and opposite reaction". - Sir Isaac Newton
"In honor there is hope" - Alaska State Troopers

Owner & President @ =DN= Dark Nexus Multi-Gaming Clan

Elias
Name: Elias

Re: Extension for Google Translate...

Post by Elias » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:21 pm

This one works with 3.2:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ranslator/

Maybe ask the author for the extra features you want?

Also, which language pack are you looking for that isn’t compatible with phpBB 3.2?

Thanks
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

«THÖMÅS®©»

Re: Extension for Google Translate...

Post by «THÖMÅS®©» » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:35 am

I know, but this is not how I am wanting it to appear on our board.

I am looking to have it appear in a users profile settings (where you find your profile info boxes to enter text)
“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein
"For every action has is an equal and opposite reaction". - Sir Isaac Newton
"In honor there is hope" - Alaska State Troopers

Owner & President @ =DN= Dark Nexus Multi-Gaming Clan

Return to “Extension Requests”