Here is an idea for gaming clans that use phpBB for their forums - we do...

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
«THÖMÅS®©»

Here is an idea for gaming clans that use phpBB for their forums - we do...

Post by «THÖMÅS®©» »

I have asked this question before in the 3.0.x boards but I thought this might be a great extension for both our boards and others alike also using phpBB3 and the later versions assuming there are updates to this in the future.

NOTE: We are currently running phpBB 3.2.1.

I reference these threads: Both of these threads I started back when the latest version of phpBB was 3.0.x and not 3.1 or 3.2. I am wondering if an extension can be created that will do the job I have explained in the above referenced thread. But for ease of reference, I will attempt to explain it here...

I run a gaming clan, one that has phpBB 3.2.1 as its forum base and has a lot of extensions running on it. I have thought about a tag auto add feature that adds ones tags assigned to each group that can be controlled via the extension ACP. I did try to do this with the help of Lumpy Burgertushie who tried to assist with HTML code for the template files but it did not work as intended... I suspect that this would possibly require some pretty complex coding and such, but I am thinking that a lot of clans would support this extension request, if I were not making this thread, I know I would!

So the theory goes like this...

A guest user creates an account and uses the name "Member123". He applies to enlist in to our clan and gets accepted... After being added to the group "Enlisted", the extension will automatically add the tag "=DN=" to his username but he still logs in using the login name "Member123" but his username is displayed as "=DN=Member123". The tag of course in perhaps grey for example, so would need to have the ability to use a colour changer perhaps or be able to insert either forum colour BBCode or HTML # colour code. Tags should be switchable to be able to select weather to append to the left or right of a users name as some gaming clans actually have their tags on the right instead of the left.

I would hope that this would be relatively easy for those who know what they are doing, myself on the other hand would not know where to start.

I would appreciate it if this is a possibility and create it.

NOTE: If I have overlooked an extension that is specifically for this, please link me to it.

+1 this thread if you support it...
Last edited by «THÖMÅS®©» on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein
"For every action has an equal and opposite reaction". - Sir Isaac Newton
"In honor there is hope" - Alaska State Troopers

Owner & President @ =DN= Dark Nexus Multi-Gaming Clan
Elias
Name: Elias

Re: Here is an idea for gaming clans that use phpBB for their forums - we do...

Post by Elias »

Easiest way would be to create a group and all the members in that group will automatically receive a rank ( as long as the group is their default group).
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
«THÖMÅS®©»

Post by «THÖMÅS®©» »

But this is not what I am trying to do... I am trying to get their tags appended automatically without having to change their names.
“No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” - Albert Einstein

ivailo95
Name: Ivailo

Post by ivailo95 »

omg this is awesome idea ;oo
and would be great if someone did this ;o
For REALLY good and VERY cheap hosting CLICK HERE
Watch "Lost in a random" game, it's the best
«THÖMÅS®©»

Post by «THÖMÅS®©» »

Anyone else?

mrgoldy
Former Team Member
Name: Gijs

Post by mrgoldy »

I am working on something along these lines. Bear with me while I'm developping, but it's coming along rather quick.
Currently working on joining and leaving the teams. Then still have to do the notifications and it's pretty much done.
phpBB Studio / Member of the Studio

Contributing: You can do it too! Including testing Pull Requests (PR).
phpBB Development and Testing made easy.
«THÖMÅS®©»

Post by «THÖMÅS®©» »

This looks like an awesome extension... Can hardly wait for its release!

Austeyr
Name: Randell Monaghan

Post by Austeyr »

I really want to see this extension, I run a gaming forum not really clan-based but still, this would be really cool.
My phpBB Forums Top Ad Coop, 4WD Nexus & Gamer Raid
Free Banner Advertising Share My Ads
Fav Quote: Words are vehicles that can transport us from the drab sands to the dazzling stars. ~M. Robert Syme

Return to “Extension Requests”