Real Medal system

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
nhseacoast

Real Medal system

Post by nhseacoast » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:32 pm

I know this has been discussed, requested etc. in the past. I've seen some variations like the one from Anv@r.all, but no activity for months.

I think it would be great to have a medal system that works similarly to phpbb ranks or auto-groups ext. For example, if a user hits 500 posts, they get a medal/badge (small image) that's displayed under their rank in viewtopic. Medals/badges for admin-configured achievements.
I've seen something like this on VB boards. I'm surprised there isn't anything like it for PHPBB.

RobinDavis

Re: Real Medal system

Post by RobinDavis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:25 am

I am looking for a medal/badge system similar to this but with a lot more flexibility. Until December of 2017 I was on a phpBB Board that was able to award badges to individual members for many different accomplishments. These badges were all custom made and displayed in the user's signature. Some of the members had collected up to 100 badges over the 2-1/2 years of the Board's existence. I want to be able to offer the same thing in my Board - which is a forum for writers. I have found only one extension ( https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ile_flair/) that I thought would come close but it is too inflexible. I can't add custom badges or assign them to individual users.

I agree with another post comment that this should be part of the phpBB code. Not all Boards are for Gamers and for me Ranks aren't needed at all. Please consider something like this and please make sure it's flexible enough to add one's own badge designs in the form of .jpg.

Philethan

Re: Real Medal system

Post by Philethan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:59 pm

nhseacoast wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:32 pm
I know this has been discussed, requested etc. in the past. I've seen some variations like the one from Anv@r.all, but no activity for months.

I think it would be great to have a medal system that works similarly to phpbb ranks or auto-groups ext. For example, if a user hits 500 posts, they get a medal/badge (small image) that's displayed under their rank in viewtopic. Medals/badges for admin-configured achievements.
I've seen something like this on VB boards. I'm surprised there isn't anything like it for PHPBB.
I really need this, too. My phpbb3 forum is a physics discussion forum. I need medal or reputation system to rank those members who contribute their time and intelligence. I use this "https://github.com/Pico88/phpBB-Reputation-System" now and it works well for me, but if phpbb3 has an built-in function then that would be very great.

Return to “Extension Requests”