Customized 'post new topic' 'reply to topic page'

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
mat.bc

Customized 'post new topic' 'reply to topic page'

Post by mat.bc » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Hey, im trying to implement a phpbb forum for a friend, but he wants the whole forum posting input to be 2 questions, with yes/no answers.

Subject [persons name]
question 1 [y/n]
question 2 [y/n]

and he actually even wants to limit it so that there is no textarea/text box input area, just the two questions for the entire message forum.

Runnin current phpbb. Any takers lurkin :p

Elias
Name: Elias

Re: Customized 'post new topic' 'reply to topic page'

Post by Elias » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Maybe this is possible with the current permission.

Set it to not be able to post or reply in that forum and allow polls to be created and voted on.

Thanks
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

mat.bc

Post by mat.bc » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 am

I was giving the polls a try the other night. . .

I run into a situation where the site has a lack of feel and expression if I base his idea off of polls. Yeah, I can have checkboxes with polls and percentages at the top of the page that does respond to user input but I have to keep expandibility in mind with this persons 'idea' or 'project'. Although a poll will 'get the answers posted' I have to represent this data (or display this date) in a format that give the poster a name -- but also requires that the person posting has no such open privilages such to 'write' or 'say' anything that they want to. It seems as though it would be in best interest to present the 'form user' a chance to type a persons name (Willikins of Booth). So that when said given 'form user' has signed up, and has access to the form, when they make a posting about Willkins of Booth, that they can either search for their name, and if nothing has been said about them, then the user can start a new thread, declare it a thread on Willkins of Booth, and be given the option to answer the two given questions.

i.e. Willkins of Booth (<-- thread)
if () thread exists
they click his name and append the answers to the 2 questions
i.e. 1. would you add him as a friend again. (y/n)
2. did you stay friends with him longer than 1 year. (y/n)

if { thread does not exist on willkins of booth `)
i.e. start new thread 99> enter his name, and start the questionairre;

However, when something like 'new thread' is started if there is no 'html editor thingie' embeded in the page, so the i.e. 'form user' can make a subject a persons name, and only be given the option to check a seuence of yes no chekc boxes to uestion 1 and y/s chkec boxes to uesiton 2.

Then, and only then, can frodo throw the ring into the ggreat big volcano idea. :) hurr hurr. nawmean.

mat.bc

Post by mat.bc » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 am

oh jeez, no answers.

I feel like if I could just scratch the tinyhtml area thing and put in the support for 2 sets of y/n checkboxes I would have it. HALP PLEASE.

Return to “Extension Requests”