Grammatically incorrect words highlighter

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
OciXCrom™

Grammatically incorrect words highlighter

Post by OciXCrom™ »

Hello. I'm looking for an extension that will automatically highlight grammatically incorrect words in posts with a html code by desire in PHPBB 3.2. For example, I want to use this html on such words:

Code: Select all

<span style="color:#BF0040"><s>{word_goes_here}</s></span>
I've been struggling to do this with the built-in word censoring option, but it's too much work. If someone can make such an extension, I would be very grateful. The main features that I need are:

- an option in ACP that will allow the replacement code to be modified
- a customizable list of words in ACP
- support for "word masking" - using the * symbol to replace all words that fit the mask, e.g. "extenzion*", will replace both the word "extenzion" and "extenzions", etc
david63

Re: Grammatically incorrect words highlighter

Post by david63 »

I suspect that this is almost impossible.

Have you ever looked at the grammar checker in MS Word? That in itself is a nightmare unless you have a full understanding of grammar.

And then you would have the problems associated with different user languages all of which have different rules for the same text. The overhead would probably be too great and slow your board to almost a standstill.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
OciXCrom™

Post by OciXCrom™ »

Guess I didn't express myself properly. I don't want an extension that will automatically check the grammar as MS Word does, but a simple extension that will highlight any words that I put in a list. What I want to accomplish is to put all commonly incorrectly written words in a list in ACP and an extension will automatically highlight them if written in a post. I can already do this by using the word cenosoring option found in ACP, but it's rather frustrating to work with and doesn't support html code.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

You could take a look at repurposing this one?

viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2361001
OciXCrom™

Post by OciXCrom™ »

nou nou wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:02 am You could take a look at repurposing this one?

viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2361001
It's the same as using the word censoring option, maybe even worse.

Return to “Extension Requests”