Delete after x days

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
Post Reply
User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Delete after x days

Post by Hartenheer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Who knows an extension to remove the topic automatically after x days after he places?
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

User avatar
canonknipser
Registered User
Posts: 1593
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 am
Location: Germany
Name: Frank Jakobs
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by canonknipser » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Any reason why the default forum settings don't work for you? ("Forum prune settings")
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Hartenheer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:48 am

canonknipser wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:49 pm
Any reason why the default forum settings don't work for you? ("Forum prune settings")
The answer is yes.
I asked a lot of time how to set the last option

If I age Automatic cleaning messages: at 90 days
And automatic cleaning of posts viewed age: at 0 {I do not want to use}

Then the message quickly disappeared
If I raise it higher, the message will remain for a long time.

It would work better if I were able to switch off Automatic Cleaning Messages age
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

User avatar
canonknipser
Registered User
Posts: 1593
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 am
Location: Germany
Name: Frank Jakobs
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by canonknipser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:39 am

Hartenheer wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:48 am
If I raise it higher, the message will remain for a long time.
To make that function work properly, you need to disable bot access to the forum you wish to be auto pruned. Otherwise every bot visit (from google, bing, yahoo ...) will reset the counter and the topics will never be deleted.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Hartenheer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:36 am

canonknipser wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:39 am
Hartenheer wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:48 am
If I raise it higher, the message will remain for a long time.
To make that function work properly, you need to disable bot access to the forum you wish to be auto pruned. Otherwise every bot visit (from google, bing, yahoo ...) will reset the counter and the topics will never be deleted.
That's what I mean.
Without bots your forum will never be known.

Therefore my first request
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

User avatar
Ger
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 1665
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: 192.168.1.100
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Ger » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:12 pm

canonknipser wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:39 am
Hartenheer wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:48 am
If I raise it higher, the message will remain for a long time.
To make that function work properly, you need to disable bot access to the forum you wish to be auto pruned. Otherwise every bot visit (from google, bing, yahoo ...) will reset the counter and the topics will never be deleted.
Not (entirely) true. As described here: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/mas ... .php#L2157
Bots are filtered out. However: only if bots are recognized. I think most bots nowadays aren't properly recognized as such. Google, Yahoo etc. are, but many other, mostly rogue bots aren't. There used to be some MOD in the 3.0 days that made it possible to manage the bot list and IIRC it worked pretty fine. No idea if it's still available and working for 3.2 though.

However: I think the answer lies there. Or some extension that makes the prune function simply ignore such settings and delete every topic from > X days regardless of the view time.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:
-Available for custom work-

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Hartenheer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:20 pm

@Ger

Is it possible to turn this off?
Automatic cleaning of messages viewed age:
Number of days since the subject was last viewed and the subject is deleted.

Or do you know another solution

Is het mogelijk om dit uit te zetten?
Automatische opschoning berichten bekekenleeftijd:
Aantal dagen sinds het onderwerp voor het laatst was bekeken waarna het onderwerp wordt verwijderd.

Of weet je een ander oplossing
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

User avatar
Ger
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 1665
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: 192.168.1.100
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Ger » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Hartenheer wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:20 pm
@Ger

Is it possible to turn this off?
Automatic cleaning of messages viewed age:
Number of days since the subject was last viewed and the subject is deleted.

Or do you know another solution

Is het mogelijk om dit uit te zetten?
Automatische opschoning berichten bekekenleeftijd:
Aantal dagen sinds het onderwerp voor het laatst was bekeken waarna het onderwerp wordt verwijderd.

Of weet je een ander oplossing
I actually haven't much experience with phpBB autopruning. You might just want to delete the value of view time for the prune options. If this doesn't work I don't have a simple solution for you.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:
-Available for custom work-

User avatar
canonknipser
Registered User
Posts: 1593
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 am
Location: Germany
Name: Frank Jakobs
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by canonknipser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Ger wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:12 pm
Bots are filtered out. However: only if bots are recognized. I think most bots nowadays aren't properly recognized as such.
Ger, you are right - there are a big number of new bots not known to phpBB. I check my guest's user agent strings on a regular base and add new bots to my bots group, sometimes up to 10 a month.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Hartenheer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Maybe ask other couples.
Is there a way to Automatic cleaning of messages viewed age get away
Or turn off
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

User avatar
Theriddler1
Registered User
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: NL
Name: Theriddler❶
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Theriddler1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:29 pm

maybe you can with some code changes get this: viewtopic.php?p=14731161#p14731161 extension to work the way you need.

or this one (old) https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... ow_topics/
Theriddler - Moderator @ phpBB.nl | phpBBservice.nl Team-member
ImageSupport Tools | Image My Extensions | buy me a beer Image

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Hartenheer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:33 pm

Theriddler1 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:29 pm
maybe you can with some code changes get this: viewtopic.php?p=14731161#p14731161 extension to work the way you need.

or this one (old) https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... ow_topics/
I can not write codes at all.
I would not know what to adjust

Ik kan totaal geen codes schrijven.
Zou niet weten wat ik moet aanpassen

edit:

This extension only closes the post, but does not delete it
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Hartenheer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:55 am

bump
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

User avatar
Tarantino
Registered User
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Tarantino » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:31 pm

canonknipser wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 pm
Ger wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:12 pm
Bots are filtered out. However: only if bots are recognized. I think most bots nowadays aren't properly recognized as such.
Ger, you are right - there are a big number of new bots not known to phpBB. I check my guest's user agent strings on a regular base and add new bots to my bots group, sometimes up to 10 a month.
Do you mind to share your list?
Thks

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: Delete after x days

Post by Hartenheer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Tarantino wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:31 pm
canonknipser wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 pm
Ger wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:12 pm
Bots are filtered out. However: only if bots are recognized. I think most bots nowadays aren't properly recognized as such.
Ger, you are right - there are a big number of new bots not known to phpBB. I check my guest's user agent strings on a regular base and add new bots to my bots group, sometimes up to 10 a month.
Do you mind to share your list?
Thks
Do not understand the question?
What matters to me is that the topics disappear after a certain time
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

Post Reply

Return to “Extension Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DavidIQ, janurmas and 11 guests