Restrict sending MP's to certain groups, and also to a single group every time

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
karbiko

Restrict sending MP's to certain groups, and also to a single group every time

Post by karbiko »

Is there any way to manage permisses so that users only will be able to send MP to determinated groups?

I mean if it would be possible to restrict the sending of private messages to certain groups, and also to have another option to choose if a determinated group can send PM's just to a single group every time. So if one member of that group wants to send a message to more than one group, he must send al least two messages..

If you are member of A group, you only send grupals MP's to administrators, and.... the another one admin let to you!

I'm bored (and angry) of trying to explain to users not to ask a question they should do in a forum instead of doing it through MP's...
And some of them send the same message 2 or 3 times to the same groups.... So all members have 3 stupids emails in their mailbox...

Any idea how to stop it???
Do you know any ext already created?

Anyone encouraged to create it???

Thxs in advance!!
karbiko

Re: Restrict sending MP's to certain groups, and also to a single group every time

Post by karbiko »

Has someone seen any ext to get this?

Thanks in advance!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Restrict sending MP's to certain groups, and also to a single group every time

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if you don't find it here in the extension topics then I guess in a round about way you are asking for one to be created.

I doubt you will have much luck but you never know.

why not just warn the users doing this that it is against your rules and then if they keep doing it, remove their PM ( not MP ) privileges/ ban/delete them.
remember, it is your board, your rules. enforce them.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
karbiko

Post by karbiko »

Surely that must be the way to do it..

Thank you by your answer...
I'll give them a warn...

Return to “Extension Requests”