Limit Posts per topic

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
heinrich_k

Limit Posts per topic

Post by heinrich_k »

Hi,

I had a functionallity in 3.0.x or 3.1.x that allowed to limit a user to make no more than one post every hour, per topic.
Is this mod still around in 3.2.x ?
I can't find something similar and not sure, how it was named.

Best regards,
Heinrich
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Limit Posts per topic

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what is the purpose in this? the whole point of having a board is so people can post. the more the merrier.
unless you are talking about spammers and there are several ways to stop them without limiting normal user's posting.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
heinrich_k

Post by heinrich_k »

Well, if you want to have a meaningful discussion with several participants you want to slow things down to, so everyone has an opportunity to read and write a post themselves and not get the topic hijacked by two or three people who are able to post every minute, creating several pages of posts that just drive away other potential posters.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

for that there is a setting in the admin panel under post settings called flood interval

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
heinrich_k

Post by heinrich_k »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:32 pmfor that there is a setting in the admin panel under post settings called flood interval
But that is not per topic, but board-wide, right ?

Return to “Extension Requests”