Better uploaded image/attachment organization on the server

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
Geekess

Better uploaded image/attachment organization on the server

Post by Geekess » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:25 am

I run a very large and busy parenting forum. And as parents are wont to do, they upload images like crazy. Due to the instability and insecurity of external photo sharing sites (e.g. imgur, photobucket) I have to host the images myself. However, the phpbb file structure is not suited for our kinds of image volumes. In only 6 months I've amassed 6000 files, and it's rising exponentially. I can deal with the image sizes (custom script on the server), but I'm looking for an extension that can put the images directly into monthly directories.
Right now I'm creating directories from the first 3 chars in the filename hash (21351_9e2c56ad0... becomes files/9/e/2/..) but that breaks the users' own control of their photos. It is very important that my forum members keep full control over their photos, and can delete them whenever they like.
Even better would be if it were possible for the forum admin to choose which kind of grouping to choose: by date (monthly, yearly) or by user.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Better uploaded image/attachment organization on the server

Post by stevemaury » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:24 pm

For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “Extension Requests”