Links in custom profile fields descriptions

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
tojag
Name: Gregory

Links in custom profile fields descriptions

Post by tojag »

Hello
I need an extension that allows me to place links in descriptions of additional profile fields.
I use these fields to register user consents to the Regulations and to process data. Possibly for additional marketing approvals, for example.
Links in the field description would lead to documents that the user agrees with.
I wrote about it here
viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2464241#p14968891

Because GDPR will soon be in effect, it would be a quick way to comply with this law.
Of course, links in descriptions could also be used for other purposes in the future.
Thank you in advance if someone takes up the challenge.
tojag

Re: Links in custom profile fields descriptions

Post by tojag »

If not an extension, could someone tell me how to make a modification so that the text from the field description can interpreted as html or can recognize BBcode?
Please :)
tojag

Post by tojag »

OK. I've just resolve this problem by writing text with a html link direct in a database. The text from the database is interpreted as html.
It is not an extension but works perfect. Now links to The Privacy Policy and forum Regulation are visible and active! User can see current regulations without using copy-paste.
However, if someone wants to write an extension for this purpose, it would be nice.
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Would like to see this as well!

+1
jonnydjtracker

Post by jonnydjtracker »

I need this to display something response of a specif api
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Well you can do so by changing the field in the DB afterwards. Just a workaround but will get the job done for now.
tojag

Post by tojag »

I am glad that someone found this solution useful. An extension would be better, but the end result is important. It's important that it works. And if you add the prefix phpbb_ in the CPF name it will also be displayed in the David63 extension on the privacy tab. I have been collecting such consents for many years.
Regards

Return to “Extension Requests”