stream Mp3 attachments from within post instead of DL

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
SMP1977

stream Mp3 attachments from within post instead of DL

Post by SMP1977 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Good day all.

I am wondering if anywhere out there in the PHPBB universe there exists a BBC code or an extension that will allow my users to upload an mp3, wav or any other type of music file as an attachment to their post, but have the ability for other users to to simply play it from within the post WITHOUT downloading the file first?

I do have the soundcloud BBC code and some users like it as they already have a soundcloud but other users have no interest in a third part host. They want to upload and have it playable with in their post? Similar to the way the soundcloud BBC code does but without having to use soundcloud.

Is this doable?

Cheers!

SMP1977

Re: stream Mp3 attachments from within post instead of DL

Post by SMP1977 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:05 pm

That appears to be just what i am looking for! No chance it works in just 3.0 hey? I may have to crack on with the update to 3.2

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:43 am

That extension works with 3.1 and 3.2 according to the author.

Note: Support for 3.0 ended over a year ago, if you need any help upgrading we can help you with that if needs be.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

SMP1977

Post by SMP1977 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 am

Mick wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:43 am
That extension works with 3.1 and 3.2 according to the author.

Note: Support for 3.0 ended over a year ago, if you need any help upgrading we can help you with that if needs be.
I may need help yea. I seem to recall a page somewhere at one point that gave me a list of things to do after i unpack the update and i can't for the life of me find it now. I downloaded the 3.2.2 update last night but that is as far as i got.

A link to a thread or whatever would be great as well, we don't need to hijack my own thread. lol.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:45 am

Notes:
  • Your server must be running at least PHP 5.4.7 or higher.
  • phpBB 3.2 is not compatible with 3.0 and most of the previous files will need to be removed prior to upgrading.
  • Styles and MODs from 3.0 cannot be installed on phpBB 3.2. To upgrade, perform the following steps:
  1. Make a back-up of the original files and database
  2. Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
  3. Remove all MOD-related changes from the database. The Support Toolkit's Database Cleaner can be used for this.
  4. Ensure that the activated spambot countermeasure is one of the standard phpBB plugins (Simple image, GD image, GD 3D image, Q&A, reCaptacha).
  5. Set British English as the only language pack and delete all other language pack directories from your server
  6. Delete all of your phpBB 3.0.x files EXCEPT for the following:
    • The config.php file
    • The /images/ directory
    • The /files/ directory
    • The /store/ directory
  7. Upload the contents of the phpBB3 directory from the uncompressed 3.2.x Full Package (EXCEPT for config.php) into your forum's directory (Note: you don't want to overwrite your original config.php file)
  8. Browse to www.example.com/install/
  9. Click the Update tab
  10. Click the Update button
  11. Select "Update database only" and click Submit
  12. Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and for a message indicating that the update has completed
  13. Delete or rename the /install/ directory
You should be using the full package as per the tutorial not any of the changed files or auto-updaters. If you need any more help with upgrading please post in 3.2 support.

(There are no threads in phpBB they are topics)
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

SMP1977

Post by SMP1977 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Thanks Mick.

SMP1977

Post by SMP1977 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:11 am

This is bloody brilliant so far. Cheers Rambo!!!

SMP1977

Post by SMP1977 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:12 am

Mick wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:45 am
Notes:
  • Your server must be running at least PHP 5.4.7 or higher.
  • phpBB 3.2 is not compatible with 3.0 and most of the previous files will need to be removed prior to upgrading.
  • Styles and MODs from 3.0 cannot be installed on phpBB 3.2. To upgrade, perform the following steps:
  1. Make a back-up of the original files and database
  2. Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
  3. Remove all MOD-related changes from the database. The Support Toolkit's Database Cleaner can be used for this.
  4. Ensure that the activated spambot countermeasure is one of the standard phpBB plugins (Simple image, GD image, GD 3D image, Q&A, reCaptacha).
  5. Set British English as the only language pack and delete all other language pack directories from your server
  6. Delete all of your phpBB 3.0.x files EXCEPT for the following:
    • The config.php file
    • The /images/ directory
    • The /files/ directory
    • The /store/ directory
  7. Upload the contents of the phpBB3 directory from the uncompressed 3.2.x Full Package (EXCEPT for config.php) into your forum's directory (Note: you don't want to overwrite your original config.php file)
  8. Browse to www.example.com/install/
  9. Click the Update tab
  10. Click the Update button
  11. Select "Update database only" and click Submit
  12. Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and for a message indicating that the update has completed
  13. Delete or rename the /install/ directory
You should be using the full package as per the tutorial not any of the changed files or auto-updaters. If you need any more help with upgrading please post in 3.2 support.

(There are no threads in phpBB they are topics)
Turns out i was on 3.2.0 all along. Upgraded to 3.2.2 without a hitch from my perspective. will see what the gang thinks tomorrow.

Return to “Extension Requests”