Permissions for custom profile fields

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
RamsesV

Permissions for custom profile fields

Post by RamsesV »

After searching for a while, I think there is nothing out there for 3.2.x, which would fit my needs. I'd like to see an extension, which adds a "permission to edit" section into any custom profile field.

Say you have a counter, like "Sessions Played", which is entered as value for a custom profile field. The field must not be edited by the user itself, as it is tracked by some Dungeon Master or whatever, but needs to be seen by everyone. In best case it is possible to set the permissions for single users even.

http://prntscr.com/j0w9q7

To visualize the picture above shows that the value is changeable by the user itself, which must not be. But it should be visible still for everybody.

If someone has an idea how I could achive that without any extension request, I am happy to try! :)

Best
Ramsesv
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Re: Permissions for custom profile fields

Post by 3Di »

acp->users and groups->Custom profile fields->edit

visibility
Display in user control panel:
The user is able to change this profile field within the user control panel.
https://prntscr.com/j0wjtn
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
RamsesV

Post by RamsesV »

Hey 3Di!

Thank you for your answer! I am using this option rigth now and it fits *almost*. Thing is that everybody, who may edit users, namely mods, supermods and admins, may edit the profile field. I'D like to see this feature more granularely - maybe even with breaking it down to single users (which migth not even be admin).

However, for now it's working fine and I hope someone migth consider in implementing a more granular way to permit access to certain customer fields.

:)
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

That's something you have to set on a per group/user basis, who can manage profile fields.
See http://prntscr.com/j0x41p and test it, I never tried it.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Return to “Extension Requests”