Disable emoji delivery via cdn.jsdelivr.net

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
GanstaZ

Re: Disable emoji delivery via cdn.jsdelivr.net

Post by GanstaZ » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Should be easy to disable emojis, only right event is needed:

Code: Select all

// servis to inject phpbb\textformatter\s9e\parser;

$this->parser->get_parser()->disablePlugin('Emoji');
Or what is posted on bug tracker.
"When answer lies in the question,.. question becomes redundant!"

~Sentinel~

Re: Disable emoji delivery via cdn.jsdelivr.net

Post by ~Sentinel~ » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:14 pm

I just came across this problem. I have had numerous forums for years and I never saw this before. I am a novice at this concept and I don't understand it. Can someone please explain this to me?

For me it started when I noticed that in my forum a user is posting emojis(smiles?) that are not coming from my board. phpBB comes with a set of smiles but these smiles that this one user is using are different. They are not the smiles that phpBB comes with. So I right clicked one to see where it was coming from and the location was: http://cdn.jsdelivr.net/emojione/assets/3.1/png/64/1f60a.png
So I looked for an option to stop third party stuff too. I found that ACP setting described here but I too saw that it was already off and yet they still displayed.
I then looked at the text of that users post to see what code it was using to display it, but I saw nothing but the emoji. There was no text displaying it. I don't understand how this is possible.
As opposed to some others my users do very much like having the default smiles that come with phpBB and come from my server/installation so I can't turn off or disable smiles. That is not an option.

So a good way to stop these off site emojis would be great. And if anyone could explain the stuff I don't know here that would be great too.

Return to “Extension Requests”