[SOLVED] INLINE IMAGES IN ATTACHMENT : updating extension

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
Meldane

[SOLVED] INLINE IMAGES IN ATTACHMENT : updating extension

Post by Meldane »

Hi,

There is a great extension, Inline images in attachment : "This extension allows you to place an image embedded in an orderly manner. Thus reducing the empty space in the message text."

But it doesn't seem to be maintained anymore. It is a pity, because being able to have 2 thumbnail images next to one an other instead of below each other, was really useful, I found.

I tested it with phpbb 3.2.2, and I had this issue : viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2468041&p=14986576#p14986576
as well as disabling the minimum thumbnail file size setting.

Would any one be interested in working on this ?
I am not familiar with extension rewriting, but maybe with the help of someone more experienced I could get into it at some point...
Last edited by Meldane on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meldane

Re: INLINE IMAGES IN ATTACHMENT : updating extension

Post by Meldane »

Here's the follow up of this thread :
(started initially in the support forum)
canonknipser wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 pm Try to use the extension with a little modification:
  • Disable the extension
  • Delete the file overall_footer_after.html from the folder ext/bb3mobi/inlineimg/styles/prosiilver/templates
  • Enable the extension.
This way you will get rid of the javascript part, but keep the floating images
Meldane wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:44 pm Hi canonknipser,

Thanks for looking into it for me, I really appreciate.

I have followed your suggestions, and I don't get the blurry image, anymore, but it gets doubled up whenever the size is under the minimum thumbnail file size set : [deleted]
Do you know what I could do to solve it ?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by Meldane on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meldane

Re: [SOLVED] INLINE IMAGES IN ATTACHMENT : updating extension

Post by Meldane »

Follow up :
canonknipser wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 pm I don't think it's the bb3mobi extension, but another one. As far as i can see from your page source, there is a dmzx/filedownload extension active.

The original class is file, so files seem to be from a extension. Check the extension folders for a file called attachment_file_prepend.html having that class files in it
Meldane wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:48 pm Yep, indeed, you were right canonknipser : I reactivated the bb3mobi/inlineimg extension and disabled the dmzx/filedownload one and it worked all fine.
The class "files" comes indeed from it.

It is a pity they are not compatible with each other, but being able to have images displayed next to one an other is more important to me, so I am still better off now. ;)

I'll post a message in the Discussion/Support Forum of this extension at some point, to see if the author can guide me in what could be done to sill use it without creating this bug.

Thanks for helping me resolving this issue, canonknipser. :D

Return to “Extension Requests”