Extension for - Friendly URL ?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
PB190

Extension for - Friendly URL ?

Post by PB190 »

Hello, what extension is good for friendly url adress in phpbb ?
Or how i can run this friendly url. Thanks
david63

Re: Extension for - Friendly URL ?

Post by david63 »

Did you consider searching before posting? There are dozens of topics on the subject
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
kamyk25

Post by kamyk25 »

I found

Code: Select all

https://www.antinormal.org/2017/05/06/seo-friendly-user-readable-urls-with-phpbb-3-2/
(SEO-friendly, user-readable URLs with phpBB 3.2)
It is almost working, I will just do some changes in code and it wil be realy nice new seo mod - in my opinion even better than ultimate seo url.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

We strongly advise against making core file edits. It will make it very painful to update your forum in the future and, since that code is not validated by anyone, it could contain harmful code. As far as I'm aware there are alternatives in the form of extensions. As david63 suggested, just do a search and you'll find plenty of suggestions that don't include using potentially harmful code from an obscure site.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

kamyk25 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:12 pm
I found

Code: Select all

https://www.antinormal.org/2017/05/06/seo-friendly-user-readable-urls-with-phpbb-3-2/
(SEO-friendly, user-readable URLs with phpBB 3.2)
It is almost working, I will just do some changes in code and it wil be realy nice new seo mod - in my opinion even better than ultimate seo url.
Be aware that the maker of those files will have to provide full support for anyone using them. That also means they will have to deal with update and upgrade issues for the lifetime of the fork. We will not support any boards using hard coded files downloaded from another site.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “Extension Requests”