Live Forum

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
totallybeautiful

Live Forum

Post by totallybeautiful »

Hi,
I had just tried to bring it to the ideas, but I was encouraged to try it here.

A live forum, what does it matter?
Well, no more manual refresh, because the forum is live, especially you can see who is writing in the topics.
It will look like the attachment in the link.

viewtopic.php?f=436&t=2470821

I would be happy if some of you are also interested in the matter and find someone who would like to put it into practice.

greeting
martti

Re: Live Forum

Post by martti »

Does it imply anything besides refreshing pages that you have open in the browser? Doesn't the user need to be extra notified when new content comes in?
david63

Post by david63 »

Basically isn't this just a change to a "chat" extension so that it writes the chat to the database?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
totallybeautiful

Yeah, you could say that. The forum should work like a chat where you can see who is currently writing in a topic. And overall you can also follow the activity live without having to refresh to see if there is anything new.

Since it would be an advantage especially in leisure forums, where it should be about fun, since it does not make the whole thing so "dry".
Ger

Post by Ger »

I've pointed to Live Topic Update that should cover at least a part of what you want. You didn't respond to that. Does it suffice for you? And if not, why not?
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
totallybeautiful

I already installed this extension, but unfortunately it does not fulfill my wishes. You can only see which user is in which forum, but not who is in a topic, let alone who is writing.

Return to “Extension Requests”